You're awesome GHL. Your $15 shipping is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydro when connected to the P4 is controlled via the 1-10v port. You get the same options within the stream group options. The hydro app offers more options thou.

You would use the hydro app for the control of the pumps and the 1-10 for maintenance and feed mode options from the P4.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you think sticking with the stock ghl flow control a better option? i havent used ghl or the hydros so i dont know :/ its either gyre with ghl and breakout box or hydros and it says it hooks up to the ghl buy it doesnt say if i need a breakout box, 2 breakout boxes if the hydros is running 4 pumps? any opinions on hydros vs ghl for pump control appreciated
I'm not a fan of the stock ghl flow control for my tank which is why I use a lighting channel to control my gyres. If I went with a different type of pump I would consider using the stock ghl flow programs.

You would need 1 break out box for every 4 pumps you want to control.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydro when connected to the P4 is controlled via the 1-10v port. You get the same options within the stream group options. The hydro app offers more options thou.

You would use the hydro app for the control of the pumps and the 1-10 for maintenance and feed mode options from the P4.
so i need a breakout box whether im using the icecap controller that comes with the icecap gyre or the hydros controller :/ I was hoping the hydros would have a wire that hooked right up to the profilux. it looks like the icecap controller for the gyre is hydros with the app as well do you know if it has the same features as the hydros controller?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need the box, it's simply to make easy termination for wiring to the RJ11 0-10v port, or if you're only using one of the channels instead of wasting a 'slot', so to speak. Yes the Icecap controller is running on the hydros platform, not sure how trimmed down it is versus the wave engine profile / capacity wise. That's something @Jeff@CoralVue or @Carlos@CoralVue can answer.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need the box, it's simply to make easy termination for wiring to the RJ11 0-10v port, or if you're only using one of the channels instead of wasting a 'slot', so to speak. Yes the Icecap controller is running on the hydros platform, not sure how trimmed down it is versus the wave engine profile / capacity wise. That's something @Jeff@CoralVue or @Carlos@CoralVue can answer.
thanks I'd really like to get there feedback on this i called coralvue, after trying to find there number forever i only found it on google maps and they hang up and say leave a support ticket. did that and emailed support@coralvue with no response yet. @Kyl have you been able to wire an RJ-11 plug to the GHL? I have the pinouts from the pic i thought it was RJ-45 but the 6 wires, RJ-11 makes sence now :)

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks I'd really like to get there feedback on this i called coralvue, after trying to find there number forever i only found it on google maps and they hang up and say leave a support ticket. did that and emailed support@coralvue with no response yet. @Kyl have you been able to wire an RJ-11 plug to the GHL? I have the pinouts from the pic i thought it was RJ-45 but the 6 wires, RJ-11 makes sence now :)

Carlos is out of the office today, but I would definitely encourage you to email our support staff at [email protected]. Both the IceCap Gyre Dual Pump WiFi Controller and the CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine have 0-10V ports that you can use to connect to a third-party controller.

The IceCap Gyre Dual Pump Controller can control up to two pumps from any generation of IceCap Gyre, 1K/2K/3K/4K.

The HYDROS WaveEngine is a multi-brand, multi-pump controller. You can control a lot of pumps with several different ways of doing so: Direct Drive, Wireless, and 0-10V. If you want to use more than 2 pumps, this would be the solution for you.

I know phone support makes outgoing calls, but I don't believe we have the sort of call center where we're fielding calls all day. The email ticketing system allows your issue to be assigned to the person on our staff who is the most knowledgable about the subject, rather than whoever is available to pick up the phone. Hopefully, that makes sense! We never want to steer anyone wrong so we always like to have technical questions answered by the most appropriate person in the company to do so.

You should receive a reply to your ticket soon! I'll shoot a link to this thread over to the support group so they are aware of this conversation.

Last edited:

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carlos is out of the office today, but I would definitely encourage you to email our support staff at [email protected]. Both the IceCap Gyre Dual Pump WiFi Controller and the CoralVue HYDROS WaveEngine have 0-10V ports that you can use to connect to a third-party controller.

The IceCap Gyre Dual Pump Controller can control up to two pumps from any generation of IceCap Gyre, 1K/2K/3K/4K.

The HYDROS WaveEngine is a multi-brand, multi-pump controller. You can control a lot of pumps with several different ways of doing so: Direct Drive, Wireless, and 0-10V. If you want to use more than 2 pumps, this would be the solution for you.

I know phone support makes outgoing calls, but I don't believe we have the sort of call center where we're fielding calls all day. The email ticketing system allows your issue to be assigned to the person on our staff who is the most knowledgable about the subject, rather than whoever is available to pick up the phone. Hopefully, that makes sense! We never want to steer anyone wrong so we always like to have technical questions answered by the most appropriate person in the company to do so.

You should receive a reply to your ticket soon! I'll shoot a link to this thread over to the support group so they are aware of this conversation.
thanks through all my digging if got "we dont make a ghl cable try using a neptune one" so i know i need to modify a cable or get a breakout box no matter what i do, my main questions i've been asking to @[email protected] still stand: what are the differences in control via app between the built in wifi controller for the icecaps and the wave engine or is the only difference the fact i can control multiple pumps?

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks through all my digging if got "we dont make a ghl cable try using a neptune one" so i know i need to modify a cable or get a breakout box no matter what i do, my main questions i've been asking to @[email protected] still stand: what are the differences in control via app between the built in wifi controller for the icecaps and the wave engine or is the only difference the fact i can control multiple pumps?

Put simply, the differences are as you stated: the WaveEngine can control multiple pumps (from multiple brands) and the WiFi Controller can control two Gyre pumps from IceCap. They use the same HYDROS app.

The Gyre Dual Pump Controller currently has 4 different preset flow modes you can choose from: Constant, Random, Sine Wave, and Square Wave.

The WaveEngine has 11: Constant, Random, Sine Save, Square Wave, Four Square, Gyre, LPS Reef, Nutrient Export, Ocean Swell, SPS Reef, Triangle Wave.

Differences outside the app: the WaveEngine is in a waterproof IP65-rated enclosure and uses more heavy-duty connectors to maintain that rating. It can power 4 pumps. It can control 4 via Direct Drive, 4 via 0-10V, and as many VorTech pumps wirelessly as you want (with the appropriate model). There is 0-10V input and output. You can connect other HYDROS products, like the Control 2 and Control 4, to the WaveEngine and it will power them for further power brick and cord consolidation. You can see a list of pumps we know are currently compatible with the WaveEngine here.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put simply, the differences are as you stated: the WaveEngine can control multiple pumps (from multiple brands) and the WiFi Controller can control two Gyre pumps from IceCap. They use the same HYDROS app.

The Gyre Dual Pump Controller currently has 4 different preset flow modes you can choose from: Constant, Random, Sine Wave, and Square Wave.

The WaveEngine has 11: Constant, Random, Sine Save, Square Wave, Four Square, Gyre, LPS Reef, Nutrient Export, Ocean Swell, SPS Reef, Triangle Wave.

Differences outside the app: the WaveEngine is in a waterproof IP65-rated enclosure and uses more heavy-duty connectors to maintain that rating. It can power 4 pumps. It can control 4 via Direct Drive, 4 via 0-10V, and as many VorTech pumps wirelessly as you want (with the appropriate model). There is 0-10V input and output. You can connect other HYDROS products, like the Control 2 and Control 4, to the WaveEngine and it will power them for further power brick and cord consolidation. You can see a list of pumps we know are currently compatible with the WaveEngine here.
thanks i really appreciate the full breakdown :) finding direct comparisons are hard sometimes but I'm going Wave engine :) will upgrade to a ghl controller in the future but still use the wave engine to run my pumps. thanks again for the detailed reply

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back