You're awesome GHL. Your $15 shipping is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco@GHLUSA any chance you can work with @BRS so you can distribute in us with them? love there honest review, know they sell apex but they dont seem like a one trick pony. im sure other ghl users would love this

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco@GHLUSA any chance you can work with @BRS so you can distribute in us with them? love there honest review, know they sell apex but they dont seem like a one trick pony. im sure other ghl users would love this

I just don't see this happening any time soon, BRS is pretty tight with Neptune and I don't see them bringing in solid competition. GHL has there own US distribution website you can order directly from them.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya from them directly with long waiting period and shipping costs on small reagent refills. ready to drop 2.5k on profilux 4, kh director and 2.1 doser and preorder ion director with 2.1 doser + another 2.1 doser. i guess im spoiles with amazon delivery ut a week and paying 15$ is hard these days and makes me rethink. trying to find rick and mortar resellers in north east, what if i had a problem, wait a week? my feer could be dead by then, whats vinnys name so i can tag him?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya from them directly with long waiting period and shipping costs on small reagent refills. ready to drop 2.5k on profilux 4, kh director and 2.1 doser and preorder ion director with 2.1 doser + another 2.1 doser. i guess im spoiles with amazon delivery ut a week and paying 15$ is hard these days and makes me rethink. trying to find rick and mortar resellers in north east, what if i had a problem, wait a week? my feer could be dead by then, whats vinnys name so i can tag him?
@Vinny@GHLUSA

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS does carry the reagents and the parts to maintain the dosers. Marine Depot also carries some GHL stuff, including their controllers.

It's hard to get the accessories without going directly through GHL but for all the stuff I routinely order I can use one or the other.

I also understand your point about $15 shipping but I don't see that changing. They don't do nearly the direct shipped sales volume they would need to get the big discounts that BRS would get. I don't mind the $15 shipping on a bigger order, but on reagents or doser wear parts, I like that I can use BRS.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the shipping cost is bit much if you just need a couple of small items. On orders over $150 it's free.

In the past I ordered small GHL items through Aquarium Specialty, with other items that I needed to get free shipping there (needed to spend $100). But I just went to their site and it looks like they don't carry GHL anymore.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS does carry the reagents and the parts to maintain the dosers. Marine Depot also carries some GHL stuff, including their controllers.

It's hard to get the accessories without going directly through GHL but for all the stuff I routinely order I can use one or the other.

I also understand your point about $15 shipping but I don't see that changing. They don't do nearly the direct shipped sales volume they would need to get the big discounts that BRS would get. I don't mind the $15 shipping on a bigger order, but on reagents or doser wear parts, I like that I can use BRS.
thanks, that makes me feel better about getting reagents. do you think ordering from marine depot or direct ftom ghl would be faster? it looks like neither ship on weekends. i was going to preorder the ion director + doser from ghl cause they have it available with discount but not sure about profilux + KH director

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA interested in buying profilux 4 and kh director + doser now and preordering ion director and doser. Are there any local stores in the north east US ( im in new jersey) that carry GHL that i could buy from now?

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks, that makes me feel better about getting reagents. do you think ordering from marine depot or direct ftom ghl would be faster? it looks like neither ship on weekends. i was going to preorder the ion director + doser from ghl cause they have it available with discount but not sure about profilux + KH director
I ordered 2 Mitras LX7206's from Marine Depot a few weeks ago and I had them in 2 days with free shipping. Still not sure why they sent them 2 day rush. That was crazy good customer service. For me, free shipping from BRS normally takes 5 to 7 days although they can do Next Day if it is critical but at a cost. GHL isn't well set up to do these kind of sales in the US so it normally takes much longer from them.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 Mitras LX7206's from Marine Depot a few weeks ago and I had them in 2 days with free shipping. Still not sure why they sent them 2 day rush. That was crazy good customer service. For me, free shipping from BRS normally takes 5 to 7 days although they can do Next Day if it is critical but at a cost. GHL isn't well set up to do these kind of sales in the US so it normally takes much longer from them.
where are you located. i hear they mostly ship from cali but do have some new warehouses. depending on current warehouse stock would determine shipping time, but ya sounds like thatd be the quicker route, and if there was any problems i could go right to them and if for some reaason they didnt make it righ GHL should back it up. feel better having 2 options and faster shipping seals the deal i want to play with it now :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are you located. i hear they mostly ship from cali but do have some new warehouses. depending on current warehouse stock would determine shipping time, but ya sounds like thatd be the quicker route, and if there was any problems i could go right to them and if for some reaason they didnt make it righ GHL should back it up. feel better having 2 options and faster shipping seals the deal i want to play with it now :)
I live in northern Alabama, so not close to any of the 3 companies.

AKAGuyver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my e170 for free, the guy i got it from has another with only hermit crabs in it not filled with water, headed over there tomorrow to mock up a full diy solution for the bulkhead plumbing including return nozzle. If it all works out i'll be sure to post video and forum post :) wish me luck :)

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree the shipping cost is bit much if you just need a couple of small items. On orders over $150 it's free.

In the past I ordered small GHL items through Aquarium Specialty, with other items that I needed to get free shipping there (needed to spend $100). But I just went to their site and it looks like they don't carry GHL anymore.
Aquarium Specialty does carry GHL. Lots of vendors dont carry the full array in stock because it just doesnt make business sense. However Aquarium Specialty Carrie's all of the popular items and have a lit if others in stock. Give them a call. It's a husband and wife run business so some items are not listed on their site. If they dont have it in stock, they will get it for you. Top notch service!

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marinedepot ships from west and east coast. im in cali. i get products in 2 days free. but they also have a east coast warehouse. Your probably getting it from east coast.

shipping 15$ for 1 cable is crazy i did it once... not again. gotta plan everything now

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really depresses me. I'm not speaking about GHL specifically, but companies that ship something the size of a quarter, but change you $15-$20 for shipping. Most of them are huge companies too! One that comes to mind is usplastics. You can order a 1/4" threaded nipple by itself and it's $15. I/m thinking....dang...I'm just an average Joe and I can ship something cheaper than that! what the heck?

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Specialty does carry GHL. Lots of vendors dont carry the full array in stock because it just doesnt make business sense. However Aquarium Specialty Carrie's all of the popular items and have a lit if others in stock. Give them a call. It's a husband and wife run business so some items are not listed on their site. If they dont have it in stock, they will get it for you. Top notch service!
Unless I missed it, when I checked their site yesterday I didn't see any GHL equipment.

I pretty sure they didn't stock most of what they used to have listed. It shipped directly from GHL.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping can make or break you in this business. I’m glad I had the opportunity to read this. I would not order an aquarium product that could take a 1-2 weeks to fix. waiting for a part to do routine maintenance can kill the balance and effort applied. It seems common that dozers need parts replaced. I’ll be looking to avoiding these dilemmas when I do get one. Hoping the versa doser comes threw in the clutch

Back