YouTubers can you trust some of them?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bring this up because Sandy and I like to go on cruises and we get targeted on YouTube fro cruise videos.

Last night I was watching one and this video was this dude complaining about cruise lines that do not give him stuff and how one cruise line treats him so good and gets all these free cruises and other stuff.
So Do you trust his reviews? He is doing this for free stuff and free cruises. Good reviews for those cruise lines that give him free cruises and free stuff. I mean seriously it was a video about I have over a million total views and these cruise lines should respect me. Basically if you do not you are getting bad reviews even though he does not say it like that.

Seems like there are so many now starting channels because YouTube pays them or to get free stuff. Are you going to give a bad review to a company that is giving free stuff?
I mean the internet is full of unboxing videos.

A while back another YouTube was interviewing a equipment manufacturer during one of those live casts and the whole time he would bring friends on to bash the competitors product to the guy he was interviewing. Names will remain nameless.
Every time one of his friends he brought on bashed the competitor you could see the YouTuber smile. At the end the manufacturer came right out and said well when our new product launches you will be one of the first to get it..

I know allot of YouTube have good intentions and it is not all of them.. Some are real good and allot of good information but it seems more and more are just doing it for the wrong reason. I mean I heard one guy come right out and say it. I am going to start a channel just to get free stuff thrown at me. I just think it is another area where ethics is going out the window. I also have no issue with Youtube paying people or companies giving out review products.

Last edited:

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube is an advertising platform. It is based on trying to get the most “clicks” as possible. If you are looking for honest feedback, YouTube is not the way to go. There are a few exceptions with people who do not accept anything from manufacturers- see AVE or Project Farm. But the majority is trash lol

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YouTube is an advertising platform. It is based on trying to get the most “clicks” as possible. If you are looking for honest feedback, YouTube is not the way to go. There are a few exceptions with people who do not accept anything from manufacturers- see AVE or Project Farm. But the majority is trash lol

I really do not mind if they get product to review if it is a honest review and they disclose it. To me it can cause dishonesty in some and it is becoming so blatant. How else to get some of the reviews though.. I mean I know it is kind of going against my original post.. It is just you see a video that is clearly is look how great I am and how many views I have so give me free cruises if not I will give bad reviews.. To me that video has to hurt his credibility too..

Also product review on websites is another thing.. People now hire companies to give them hundreds of positive review and go on the internet and bash the competitors. I mean it peoples business to fix companies bad reviews..Recently a restaurant opened around here and they had a ton of positive reviews and they came while it was still under construction and not even open..

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back