Yuma help

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a beautiful Yuma from my LFS and I can’t get it to secure itself to substrate. There’s currently some sand and a shell attached to its pedal disk.
I’ve placed in where it’s receiving indirect light and shielded from heavy flow. I’ve turned my powerheads off (still have sump return going) for the past 2 days and today it’s floated off a couple of inches into a fully shaded area.
It seems to have opened up but how do I secure it so it won’t float around or get lost in rockwork.

The flow tends to flow along the bottom towards the back of the tank.

FTS
image.jpg

My placed position
D6390594-3211-4BF1-9AB7-E9DDA7081DE8.jpeg

Today
image.jpg

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can either put it in a cup with rock rubble and wait for it to attach or let it drift and settle to and let it attach to the rock were it wants to and there are other methods than those two

OP
OP
Pêcheur

Pêcheur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can either put it in a cup with rock rubble and wait for it to attach or let it drift and settle to and let it attach to the rock were it wants to and there are other methods than those two
Can they “walk” like anemones or are they subject to floating on currents?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Place on a piece of rubble rock and tie down loosely with a rubber band for a week or two. It should attach itself to that rubble.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superglue anything on foot to rock, shelter from high flow.
Or place on rock, loosely cover with plastic mesh like oranges come in to keep in place while it attaches.
I wrapped the mesh all around the baseball sized rock and put it on the sand bed.

Back