YWG/pistol shrimp with pink and blue goby

JJ0321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a YWG/pistol shrimp pair. My diamond goby passed on and I replaced him with a pink and blue spotted goby. It looks like the pink/blue guy is also trying to pair with the shrimp. Will he separate the YWG from the shrimp or can they all live together?

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to say, it depends on the temperament of the YWG, generally, I feel the shrimp will just take whos there, so if your YWG is fine with it then im sure they could all share a burrow.

OP
OP
JJ0321

JJ0321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is hard to say, it depends on the temperament of the YWG, generally, I feel the shrimp will just take whos there, so if your YWG is fine with it then im sure they could all share a burrow.
Thanks, I think the YWG is pretty chilled. The pink/blue is in and out of the burrow. When out he chills in a cave inside a tank decoration. I’m just concerned because he’s so much bigger than the YWG

Thomas Jedlicka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I think the YWG is pretty chilled. The pink/blue is in and out of the burrow. When out he chills in a cave inside a tank decoration. I’m just concerned because he’s so much bigger than the YWG
im sure its fine. you would have probably had a problem by now if you were going to have one

OP
OP
JJ0321

JJ0321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your help! Just got home from work the shrimp doesn’t seem to care which goby he hangs out with I have rocks pushed to the bottom of tank so no one can get hurt. They are quite comical. The gobies seem to ignore each other. They swap who’s in the front burrow and the rear. It’s like watching guards changing shifts these salt guys have so much more personality than our fresh water guys!

Back