YWG sick

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My YWG is sick. Starting about 5 or 6 days ago he stopped eating and has been swimming up into the water column. I moved him into my main tank a smaller 40 gallon tank with other fish to see if it was a stress issue being in a newer tank that’s about 80 gallons. I’ve had zero ammonia in the larger tank and do believe the tank is cycled. For example: I have a tail spot blenny in the larger tank and they are fine.

I was away for a few days and had someone broadcast feeding the tank, but when I came back today I saw symptoms on the fish. They look like white patches on the skin of the fish, but do not quite look like cysts. I’m going to try to target feed the fish now that I’m back but wanted to see what y’all recommend. I have metroplex, kannaplex, and focus on hand but literally have zero experience quarantining or medicating fish.

Hopefully the other reef fish in my main tank are not at risk. This tank is over four years old and running strong. Please help!

215FB5E3-D26B-47FE-81F2-0C39CC386038.jpeg 865FB391-8041-4572-8891-EBE37D0DD73F.jpeg 4D71FF74-C313-491C-ACC1-CA2B03BF6B03.jpeg

OP
OP
B

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish is eating again. He’s never been a great eater, and actually has a damaged jaw (almost as if the bottom jaw is missing). It was like that when I acquired him. Note that the white spots are on the head and gill plate area, and no where else on the body.

OP
OP
B

bitwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this again. After some research I think this might be bacterial. Can anyone help further?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back