Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening

Build sounds great. I am a big UV fan. The rock work looks good. Any full tank shots we can see and some updates? looks like a real clean set up

IrishWulf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the setup! Also gotta be a great feeling knowing you pulled through for that tang. How cool.

Total newb question for you! I found your build thread because I’m looking at ways to plumb my lifegard 55w. I’ve never dealt with pvc plumbing before, and the last thing I want to do is flood my house - my wife will kill me!

What piece did you use to convert that 2” inlet/outlet down to a 3/4” barb hosing? Did you pvc glue that piece into place?

Any basic level explanation or product links would be much appreciated! Google has been failing me so far, but I assume it’s more to do with my inexperience in how to name the things I’m trying to search about! Lol.

Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I was looking for UV input and saw your thread. Just wondering how you are doing the quarantine. What's your setup?

Also, I plan to go the DIY aquascape route myself and jumping around a bit on white (live with it) or buy something with color applied. Just wondering have you tried or did you consider the Caribsea Dry Live Rock or their LifeRock?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VERY impressed with what you’ve done! I’ve used the E-Marco cement, so I’m following you pretty well— did you literally paint it on all over with a paintbrush to get everything evenly colored? (Looks great, no matter how you did it.) Big congrats on your dream fish, too!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s kind of what I thought you meant. I might pass along your tip, because I personally don’t like a lot of mish-mash rock colors— so that is a sweet way to blend them all together into the same uniform look. Other than that, just be careful over time not to overload the number of fish in a tank with those dimensions... we all are guilty of wanting that one-last-must-have-fish, right? Best wishes.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back