Zak's Waterbox 30.2 Slice Of The Ocean

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess it's time for me to finally start a build thread after the years of lurking on here. Backstory I have had several fishtanks fresh saltwater to freshwater, and even some other odd stuff like a paludarium. Well this last week I was searching through craigslist and noticed an amazing deal on craigslist if I do say so my self. It was a Waterbox 30.2 with an ai prime 16hd, Nero 3, and tons of other miscellaneous goods to go along with it for 575. I thought to myself well I already have an ai prime 16hd at home so I can sell that one for 150ish, and I can also sell the Nero 3 for 120ish, bringing the tank and stand down to 395, can't beat that price anywhere. SO after the 1 hour drive to Detroit and hour drive back I finally started my new adventure.
Now I am not too sure on all of my equipment so far, but I have most of everything set that I need, so I will list it out and you guys give me your opinions on what you think, and what I could add if you would please.
  • TANK AND STAND-Waterbox 30.2
  • Lighting- Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD w/Gooseneck Mount
  • Protein Skimmer- Tunze Comlime DOC 9001 DC
  • Return Pump-Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5
  • Wavemaker- Jebao Slw-20
  • Heater- Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm 200w
  • Lid- D-D JumpGuard Pro
  • Sand- CaribSea Arag-Live Pink Fiji
  • Rocks- CaribSea Life Rock Shapes
I Have also bought a ton of other miscellaneous stuff like a Neat Feeding portal for my lid, Red Sea Energy Plus Coral Nutrition AB+, Reef Nutrition PhytoFeast OysterFeast, Eshopps EZ Feeder Magnetic Frozen Fish Defroster, Seachem Purigen Seagel Matrix 500ml, Seachem the bag sm., Intank Media Basket, Intank White/Blue Double Sided Filter Floss, Tripp-Lite 7 Outlet 6 Protected Surge Protector, Vivid Aquatics Random Flow Generators x2, a few other odds and ends. I know I am being specific on things when I write them out, but I want them written down if I am going to do this properly for my little slice of the Ocean. Again if you guys have any suggestions, and or questions please let me know. I will be posting pictures tomorrow, with what I plan to stock it with. Thank you again for taking the time to read and look at my build thread!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help choosing a wave maker, currently looking at the jebal slw-20’s but don’t know if those are any good or not. I have never been good at choosing wave makers, some advice would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided I am going to go with a Jebao slw-20 with a nem guard, It looks like a cheaper version of an AI Nero 5 to me, I do not want anymore wavemakers I believe considering I bought I very strong return pump. Let me know what you guys think if just the one wavemaker will be enough with the Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0.

OP
OP
Zakery Murray

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, what would a good clean up crew recommendation be for this tank? Don't want a prebuilt one I am going to get them from my lfs, so what creature, and how much of it would be appreciated to know.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back