Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for feedback on the mortar vs. super glue...was wondering about that. I have been out of the hobby for quite a while and therefore not started a tank without live rock. I am looking forward to trying dry rock (no pests and chance to aquascape...not old school mound of rock). However, looking for any ideas to help with cycling and general start-up challenges that dry rock presents. Did you use bacteria/cycling aids? Sorry if I missed that in the thread.

As others have said...great job on the aquascaping!! I was wondering, does the painting approach seem to hurt the rock porosity much? Hard to tell in the picture.

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build!
A little tip for your next aquascape: removable rocks connected with acrylic rod to the main structure.
Each little plate is removable, easier to manage the corals for treatment/fraging.

Attachments

• BD7E7CE8-E008-4D06-9CB1-B8558330485D.jpeg
    BD7E7CE8-E008-4D06-9CB1-B8558330485D.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 55

Gort

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zatch - My compliments on the results of "pink mortar paint" .. it's exactly the solution I've been looking for. I have a vintage VidaRock piece that came out my Nano tank that crashed years ago. I want to use it along with some new Marco pieces in some sort of NSA, and yours is a great way to avoid bone-white Marco + tan VidaRock mash-up.

Do you have any recent tank photos to share?

OP
OP
polyppal

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your other post inspired me to paint my Marco rock. I

I can’t see any pictures here. How did it hold up for you?
oh nice, it held up good the Marco mortar is very strong. I sold that rock work a while back though so I'm unsure what it looks like today. My current tank has some Marco-painted concrete pillars though and I've had no chipping/fading for 6+mo now

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back