Zebra bar dartfishmy s

yassin.ghanem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone,

A few weeks ago a coral beauty angel of mine disappeared in my established 75gallon. Now my zebra bar dart fish is hiding and breathing fast. 7 other fish in the tank are eating and showing 0 signs of disease. Should I remove him and treat him with copper for possible velvet? Wouldn't the other fish show signs? I see no specs on his body or on any fish.

My second question is about my angler. I had him with a damsel the same size as him and he ate him (I messed up) he's like a balloon now. Is he going to make it? This is in my 40 gallon.

OP
OP
yassin.ghanem

yassin.ghanem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are pics. The respiratory rate of the dartfish is dangerously fast

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

OP
OP
yassin.ghanem

yassin.ghanem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys I have new info.... the dartfish has white stringy poop, could this be the culprit? How can I treat the whole tank without causing an ammonia spike? I have prazipro

OP
OP
yassin.ghanem

yassin.ghanem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- any ideas about my angler? I treated with prazi in the display and ordered the metro plus focus to food soak. The dartfish didn't make it after I did a prazi bath and QT over night.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- any ideas about my angler? I treated with prazi in the display and ordered the metro plus focus to food soak. The dartfish didn't make it after I did a prazi bath and QT over night.

I'm not the best source of info when it comes to anglers. Let's ask @Lionfish Lair and #reefsquad to chime in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back