Zebra Dawrf Lion Parasites?

MarielleKrenzelak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I need help with something! So this is poo that came out of my zebra dwarf lionfish. I want to know if it looks healthy, or if it looks like parasites!? Because I know to look out for stringy white poo. Are these parasites? What do you guys think, should I be worried or is it fine? (The poop is the white slimy stuff, ignore the micro bubbles).
7e903fd3e3ce4fde99af051f92fbea28.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks white and is clinging together like a string. Time to deworm the Lion. Has the fish been QT'd with any meds?
Agree but I can’t tell much from the photo

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General Cure, in a QT is the easiest and most complete. It has both Metro & Praziquantel in it so together they treat all internal parasites. Always use extra oxygenation when using prazi. A powerhead aimed up to the surface that is actively rippling the water surface and an airstone is the best practice. Do two doses: Dose, wait 5-7 days. Do 25% water change and then dose again. Wait 5-7 days and do another water change. Observe for 7-10 days for normal colored poop.

OP
OP
M

MarielleKrenzelak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
General Cure, in a QT is the easiest and most complete. It has both Metro & Praziquantel in it so together they treat all internal parasites. Always use extra oxygenation when using prazi. A powerhead aimed up to the surface that is actively rippling the water surface and an airstone is the best practice. Do two doses: Dose, wait 5-7 days. Do 25% water change and then dose again. Wait 5-7 days and do another water change. Observe for 7-10 days for normal colored poop.

What brand of medication is that general cure?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand of medication is that general cure?
It's made by API. It's a powder in individual packets. Each packet treats 9.5 gallons of tank water. Best way to use is to get a cup of tank water, add the appropriate number of packets based on your tank size. Mix thoroughly. Pour into tank. Or using a small brine shrimp net. Set the net partially into the tank water. Pour in the appropriate number of packets. Massage the net with your fingers, expressing the GC into the tank.
Dose: wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change and dose again. Wait 5-7 days. Do a 25% water change. Observe for 7-10 days. Look for normal colored poop.
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 8.58.42 AM.png

Back