• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Zen Reef terrible customer service and still no order arrival

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post my experience with Zen-Reef. I placed an order with them for a mushroom box and nori grazer well over 3 months ago. I expected a delay, so I emailed them asking how long the delay would be. They told me two weeks, so I proceeded to order both of those items along with a bunch of coral cups. The coral cups arrived, but no box. I emailed them to tell them that I was missing the box, and they reassured me that in two weeks, I would see my order. Fast forward a month and still no mushroom box. After 4 unanswered emails, I tell him that I want reassurance on my mushroom box before I place another order for coral cups. Finally, he answers and tells me that everything will arrive in 2 weeks. Got my mushroom cups, but still no mushroom box. Another month passes...still no box. I email him again and he responds that my order should get to me in 1 week. Here we are, a month later, and still no mushroom box/nori grazer, or even an email. I have attempted many times to reach out to Tuan @zenreef , however, they just don't want to seem to answer. I know of a few others that had to dispute on PayPal to get their money back, and @ZenReef didn't even answer to Paypal. Terrible customer service and just not a company I want to shop with at all in the future. I understand that COVID has brought many hardships on businesses, but I do not appreciate being lied to for 4 months straight.

Paul Mastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post my experience with Zen-Reef. I placed an order with them for a mushroom box and nori grazer well over 3 months ago. I expected a delay, so I emailed them asking how long the delay would be. They told me two weeks, so I proceeded to order both of those items along with a bunch of coral cups. The coral cups arrived, but no box. I emailed them to tell them that I was missing the box, and they reassured me that in two weeks, I would see my order. Fast forward a month and still no mushroom box. After 4 unanswered emails, I tell him that I want reassurance on my mushroom box before I place another order for coral cups. Finally, he answers and tells me that everything will arrive in 2 weeks. Got my mushroom cups, but still no mushroom box. Another month passes...still no box. I email him again and he responds that my order should get to me in 1 week. Here we are, a month later, and still no mushroom box/nori grazer, or even an email. I have attempted many times to reach out to Tuan @zenreef , however, they just don't want to seem to answer. I know of a few others that had to dispute on PayPal to get their money back, and @ZenReef didn't even answer to Paypal. Terrible customer service and just not a company I want to shop with at all in the future. I understand that COVID has brought many hardships on businesses, but I do not appreciate being lied to for 4 months straight.

Same experience. I ordered a magnetic heater mount May 24. I followed up July 3 and received the following July 21 “We expect all back orders to be shipped in about 2 weeks.” Followed up August 22 and 27 and received “I am currently working on backorders from May and your order is going out next week.” This was after I disputed the payment with paypal. I have him the benefit of the doubt. Conveniently timed for the Paypal window to close so I have no recourse.

Terrible experience and recommend avoiding. I know COVID has caused problems, but you could at least refund the money or answer your emails.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order August 21 and sent multiple emails, FB messenger , Instagram and no response what so ever. I response would be great but this is burning the bridge with me.
Time to contact PayPal

OP
OP
Jason Truong

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Paypal gave me my money back, but a few days before, he responded and said this:

I promptly refused unless he would send the mushroom box first but he did not respond.

D60A7B6A-9D91-4736-970B-2429113A7F24.png

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is going on with them over there. They went from great service to poor very fast. What gets me the most is no replys

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to send a message through PayPal to find out what is going on with no replies back and this morning I get a response back through Instagram about still filling backorders and mine should be 2 weeks. Just them buying time.

OP
OP
Jason Truong

Jason Truong

Tiger King
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to send a message through PayPal to find out what is going on with no replies back and this morning I get a response back through Instagram about still filling backorders and mine should be 2 weeks. Just them buying time.
2 weeks is their go to

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what is going on with them, but I was told to give up on getting anything made by a store that had carried their lines when I asked about getting some more custom stuff made. I won't speculate as to what is going on with them, but the posts on their FB page seem to indicate that there is zero order communication taking place.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I received my money back from PayPal siding with me. If they would had responded to emails promptly maybe this would have not gone this far. Either way hope they straighten up because there frag racks are nice.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back