Zeovit reef tanks of the world

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Anthony,
I have read your post about bacterial diversity. So I have started dosing zeobak and Zeostart 3 into my total volume of 200 gallons. Right now I am starting small, with dosing 1 Ml of ZeoStart3 daily.

Zeobak I am dosing 4 drops twice a week. Today I am also planning to mix Zeobak with coral snow.

I do have the sponge power on hand, but I am planning to wait for the nutrients to get under control. Right now my phosphates are at .47 and Nitrates at 60 PPM.

Do you think I should be dosing sponge power as well ?

I am not running the full Zeovit system. I do have a skimmer which is on all the time.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Vamsi.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using zeostart3 and zeobak for about 2 and 1/2 weeks now at the recommend dose and haven’t seen any drop in nitrates or phosphates yet. Should I increase the dose or does it take more time to start working? Nitrates are 50 and phosphates are .4
I had the same issue. I added the reactor&zeolites and that helped some with the NO3, the PO4 didn’t start dropping until I started doing Zeofood plus for awhile. Both dropped even more once I started KZ bio-mate, which I believe is a septic bacteria strain.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Anthony,
I have read your post about bacterial diversity. So I have started dosing zeobak and Zeostart 3 into my total volume of 200 gallons. Right now I am starting small, with dosing 1 Ml of ZeoStart3 daily.

Zeobak I am dosing 4 drops twice a week. Today I am also planning to mix Zeobak with coral snow.

I do have the sponge power on hand, but I am planning to wait for the nutrients to get under control. Right now my phosphates are at .47 and Nitrates at 60 PPM.

Do you think I should be dosing sponge power as well ?

I am not running the full Zeovit system. I do have a skimmer which is on all the time.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Vamsi.
Coral snow is to make the water clear it doesn’t contain any bacteria source. To lower phosphate and nitrate u need to find the source and minimize it. Bacteria can help to lower but not very fast. Your phosphate is higher than usual may be need to double check your test kit. Skim wet , reduce feeding , increase flow will help to reduce phosphate and nitrate. Base on your volume zeobak should be 16 drops per week.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been using zeostart3 and zeobak for about 2 and 1/2 weeks now at the recommend dose and haven’t seen any drop in nitrates or phosphates yet. Should I increase the dose or does it take more time to start working? Nitrates are 50 and phosphates are .4
It need at least 3 months to see changes. U need to find the source of the nutrients and minimize it. Skim wet, reduce feeding , increase flow will help to reduce nutrients.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe sponge power is just going to eventually help lower nutrients if you actually have sponges in the tank. I wonder if anyone knows what might be in it. I like to use it because it helps the water stay clear from what I can tell.

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the average cost to keep a zeovit system? I’ve been interested, but wasn’t sure the average monthly cost for all of the products. Thanks! Your coral look amazing btw!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ycnibrc did a cost breakdown on page 4 of this thread. Came up with like $9 a month for a 200g system. That was for blue bottles only. My note, later in the page, added this:

So, your $9 a month for blue bottles, plus $16 for zeolite media, and $5 for Carbon, $30 a month.

It's not the cheapest method... but I'm not convinced it really that much more than Red Sea's method, or Trident's method. Just depends on what you're wanting from your tank.

Oh, and BRS just did a 20% off on KZ products... you can bet I've stocked up :)

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What’s the average cost to keep a zeovit system? I’ve been interested, but wasn’t sure the average monthly cost for all of the products. Thanks! Your coral look amazing btw!
Well its depend on your volume however zeovit additive is very concentrated. The core bacteria dosing are zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power. Zeobak and sponge power are dosing by drops. 100ml bottle is equal to 2000 drops. For a 250g u need to dose 20 drops zeobak per week so your 100ml will last 100 weeks. Sponge power 40 drops per week so 100ml will last 50 weeks

As u can see it doesnt cost a lot because 100ml goes a long way.

Vamsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral snow is to make the water clear it doesn’t contain any bacteria source. To lower phosphate and nitrate u need to find the source and minimize it. Bacteria can help to lower but not very fast. Your phosphate is higher than usual may be need to double check your test kit. Skim wet , reduce feeding , increase flow will help to reduce phosphate and nitrate. Base on your volume zeobak should be 16 drops per week.
Thank you Anthony. I will update as I see any changes.

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its depend on your volume however zeovit additive is very concentrated. The core bacteria dosing are zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power. Zeobak and sponge power are dosing by drops. 100ml bottle is equal to 2000 drops. For a 250g u need to dose 20 drops zeobak per week so your 100ml will last 100 weeks. Sponge power 40 drops per week so 100ml will last 50 weeks

As u can see it doesnt cost a lot because 100ml goes a long way.
Ahh ok, yeah I have a small system so it would last even longer! Good to know, thanks!

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it possible to use the Triton base elements to handle the alk and calcium, and run the Zeo supplements?
Yes u can. Alk , ca and mag are additives u can use any brand that u like. Only the bacteria stuff is important

Last edited:

juannnn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anthony you dissolve zeostart3 in osmosis water to use with peristaltic? I am using the basic of zeovit you recommend that I feed the corals or with zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power it will be enough

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anthony you dissolve zeostart3 in osmosis water to use with peristaltic? I am using the basic of zeovit you recommend that I feed the corals or with zeobak, zeostart3 and sponge power it will be enough
No since my volume is large i dose it without mixing. Those are the core bacteria which will build up over time and make your reef tank healthy. Do it like I recommend in my thread “zeovit how i dose it”. You should see result in 6 months

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first year I only dose the bacteria source zeobak , zeostart3 and sponge power. The last 1.5 years is full zeovit.
Coral vitalizer , amino for food
B balance, pohl extra , zeospur2 for color enhancement
Flatworm stop , Coral snow plus for health n clarity. I just recently dose acroglow so no review yet. Zeolite rock is using but not at full dose.
Do u use the zeovit reactor ??

irbnick

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will get my build thread together soon.. Here is a link to my new Red Sea XL 900 with skimz zeo reactor.

Back