Zeovit reef tanks of the world

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense anthony, but if I didn't know better I'ld almost suspect you're employed by Korallen-Zucht (Zeo-vit)? You sure promote their products. If not, you should be.

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man times have changed :(. Nice to hear a good mentor story.

Tell me about it... I have always remembered Don Miller's mentoring me, but no spoon feeding. If I was not up to the challenge to learn for myself, and READ, then it would be boring to him, and likely would be reluctant to share his knowledge. I adopted his PIF attitude, and have always tried to give, whether equipment, corals, fish, or knowledge. Unfortunately, it comes at a premium, and while it was nice to be a representative of a company, run their forums and moderator, I cannot tell you how many people wanted me to run their reef, not even willing to learn products, read user guides, etc. I am now enjoying the hobby again, and am glad to not be tethered to a brand, and back to just basic reefing, lol :)
Cheers

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol,
Try MH 10k was recommended on Zeovit user guide back in 2006. Can you imagine how your tank would appear under this lighting, most certainly your colors would be lighter, and more pastel. Zeovit brought me close with my 70 gallon, but my 120 on Aquaforest yielded more saturated tones, with a version of that metallic/electric hues. Both systems worked well for me. I would not change a thing about your tank, your colors remind me of Aquaforest tones, likely due to higher nutrients and lighting. Have you followed Joseph Chi's Aquaforest tank? He actually hybrids between both companies products, or at least did. Ditched FB, so don't see all these people's tanks anymore :( Krztopf is a legend, Sonny, Andrew(Reef In sky), Damian(Aquaforest), You, Joseph Chi, and on and on. Zeovits TOQ(3rd Q, 2007), Don Miller sold me several corals in the day, turned me on to t5, specifically Coral+, and Fiji purple. He guided me personally on Zeovit. I miss our hobby for what is was back then. Don made me promise, when he gave me his CARX system to always have a PIF(pay it forward) attitude. Oh... I digress :)
Yes i follow Joseph chi and admire his plumbing and architect skill. His corals and colors are also wonderful. Zeovit is very popular is Asis especially Taiwan. I miss Edward invincible569 he was one of the few having large rimless tank back in 2003 and also doing zeovit. After being a mod for zeovit forum for a few years he passed away because of cancer. I agree that the pastel look is faded because nowadays the LED is too good at showing contrast and highlight of the corals. Remember back then we don't like tenius lol. The purple monster is like home wrecker now.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No offense anthony, but if I didn't know better I'ld almost suspect you're employed by Korallen-Zucht (Zeo-vit)? You sure promote their products. If not, you should be.
Lol i get sceptic and suspect all the time. I'm an old school reefer so I learned a valuable lesson. If a company that last for almost 20 years they have to do it right and know their stuffs. There are many other companies try to do the same but not very successfully. Their core bacteria are design to clean your water. Zeolite absorb amonia, zeostart3 reduce nitrate and phosphate and zeobak add multi microorganisms to make your tank bacteria population more diverse.
Just these 3 products will make your tank much better.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha here we go zeovit growth in 1.5 years
Feb 2018

Dec 2019

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody else is running a Zeovit system? Out of all the people here?

This sounds like a great thread & I would like to see more success or why people quite stories.
I will be setting up the basic 4 around Feb 1st to give it a try. I like the theory behind Zeovit & the tanks look great, solid SPS growth & coloration but there is hardly any information here.
Does anybody like the AUTOMATIC ZEOLITH REACTOR? "also no information or youtube on this" but is sounds like you can set times where the pump ramps up to clean the rocks so you do not need to shake it. Does this sound like it will work? The reactor has solid reviews.

The 2 tanks shown here look very nice, Lets see more zeo systems!!!

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nobody else is running a Zeovit system? Out of all the people here?

This sounds like a great thread & I would like to see more success or why people quite stories.
I will be setting up the basic 4 around Feb 1st to give it a try. I like the theory behind Zeovit & the tanks look great, solid SPS growth & coloration but there is hardly any information here.
Does anybody like the AUTOMATIC ZEOLITH REACTOR? "also no information or youtube on this" but is sounds like you can set times where the pump ramps up to clean the rocks so you do not need to shake it. Does this sound like it will work? The reactor has solid reviews.

The 2 tanks shown here look very nice, Lets see more zeo systems!!!
I use the skimz zeovit reactor the pump has preset speed for how many liter of zeolite so u don't have to measure flow. It has a timer to shake 2x per day or every hour.
image.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and that piece of red stag that I lost I actually found a piece in a buddies tank! So relieved, and it’s getting yellow lips on the coralites in his tank. Will be a while before I can get a frag back from him but it looks promising. Defiantly different than all the other red stags I have seen.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about 2 months in... new system, full KZ system, just dosing zeobak, zeofood, and zeostart, with zeolite media in the same Skimz reactor mentioned (and photographed) above. Vertex 180i skimmer, fairly dry.

So far, so good, but I'm just starting to add corals. No growth to speak of, though coloring looks pretty good.

Currently measuring 3ppm Nitrate and .3ppm Phosphate.

I'm using a Trident to measure Alk/Calc/Mag, and a DOS to maintain Alk/Calc (BRS 2pt) and dosing ESV's Mag manually once a week, right after my weekly 10% water change. Rock solid numbers... Loving the Trident
Trident.jpg

FTS-121919.jpg

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm about 2 months in... new system, full KZ system, just dosing zeobak, zeofood, and zeostart, with zeolite media in the same Skimz reactor mentioned (and photographed) above. Vertex 180i skimmer, fairly dry.

So far, so good, but I'm just starting to add corals. No growth to speak of, though coloring looks pretty good.

Currently measuring 3ppm Nitrate and .3ppm Phosphate.

I'm using a Trident to measure Alk/Calc/Mag, and a DOS to maintain Alk/Calc (BRS 2pt) and dosing ESV's Mag manually once a week, right after my weekly 10% water change. Rock solid numbers... Loving the Trident
Trident.jpg

FTS-121919.jpg
Nice what kind of light is that? Look slim and minimalist

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The old zeovit tank look light and pastel. Now a days the new zeovit tank look much more richer color due to led lighting. Led vs T5 is definitely more contrast and deeper color.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice what kind of light is that? Look slim and minimalist

It's a pair of Kessel AP700's, mounted to a couple lengths of 1/2" angle aluminum, sprayed black.

Since the tank is also my bar, an unobtrusive light was highly desired. I had a 8 bulb T5 fixture over it for a while, but it was too big, didn't fit with what I was looking for. Got the pair of Kessel's from a guy that had a fish store, went out of business... you might say I got a good deal on them... a real good deal.

The built in software in the Kessel's stinks. I'm running them in manual mode, just plugged into my Apex... on or off only.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are people seeing better results form triton method or zeovit?
There are many way to run a reef tank and I'm not going to debate which methods is better or worse. Corals are coming from the ocean which they have been adapting to thrive at sea water parameters. Zeovit base their whole system on replicate sea water parameters and maintain it. My corals grow as fast as the growth rate in the ocean. All of my staghorn colony grow to epic size from frag in 1.5 years.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are people seeing better results form triton method or zeovit?
I tried Triton, about 3 years ago, when it was still pretty new. The main attraction, to me, was the 'no water changes' thing, which is pure BS... no scheduled water changes, maybe, but every time you turn around, you're needing to do one, or 3, to get some problem under control. A regular water change schedule makes much more sense to me. I had all sorts of problems, gave up after a year.

Not that Triton doesn't have some value... I'm still sending in a sample a couple times a year. Their bringing ICP testing to the hobby is HUGE. A tremendously valuable service, and one that I will likely continue using long into the future.

So far, 2 months in, I'm much happier with the Zeovit system. Ask me again in a year :)

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have any recent pictures when your tank was a true Zeo, ULNS tank? like right before you went into this hybrid higher nutrient Zeo method.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
do you have any recent pictures when your tank was a true Zeo, ULNS tank? like right before you went into this hybrid higher nutrient Zeo method.
I was briefly running at zero for a few months and I don't like the way of the corals look so I start feeding heavy and running higher nutrients so I don't have much photo. I can tell you that the Coral look dry. To archieve the pastel look of the old time zeovit tank u need to run t5. Led has a lot of contrast and it will not give u the uniform look of T5.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well if you are certain that you can export the bacteria in some form or another and never end up dosing excess .
That’s why often people running zeovit tanks tend to run wet skim to make sure that excess bacteria is properly exported .
Bacterial driven method works great but only when you realize their potential to the full extent and have export mechanisms in place . Without that you will be asking for some serious trouble if you end up with excess bacteria .

But yeah - I am just a newbie and have never run zeovit so take my advice with a grain of salt - I would never run a bacterial driven system without a skimmer .

But just like the OP mentioned above - coral DNA hasn’t changed so has bacteria and they have adapted to multiply in matter of hours with high source of food availability .

Regards,
Abhishek

I agree the way Zeovit works is it grows bacteria on a media which you shake to release the bacteria.
The bacteria is skimmed out thus removing the nutrients from the system.
Shaking the media to release bacteria also feeds some of the corals.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back