Zeovit reef tanks of the world

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to have a dedicated zeovit thread in the SPS coral section. I run a full zeovit system myself and couldn't be happier with the health, growth and colouration of the corals including the softies and LPS (so far - knocking on wood).

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been running Triton for couple month, but been adding the KZ coral system into the mix once a week for 3 weeks now, and i cant be happier with what is happening with the tank, corals are seem to be responding very well, cant gauge growth yet, but as far as the look and health of the tissue is great, very puffy and full, and the colors are better than ever.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
why turn the lights on so early in the 14 day cycle?
Since zeovit method recommend u to run with 100% live rock and sand plus the additional of bacteria source the system can keep Corals and fish after 14 days. However I don't follow their recommendation.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question , which salt mix do you use ? red sea blue bucket , tropic marin pro reef ?

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D436BD18-4930-4FF9-B579-7C629292A94D.gif

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe sponge power is just going to eventually help lower nutrients if you actually have sponges in the tank. I wonder if anyone knows what might be in it. I like to use it because it helps the water stay clear from what I can tell.

Since I started using sponge power, i have noticed over 5 varieties of sponges in my tank , sump and hangon refugium. I don't know what is in the bottles but the sponge growth is insane.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I agree, I just started using it again. I have a huge amount of sponges in my tank that have grown so big rocks are stuck together and there are so many they are growing up into the top of the rocks in some spots. I love sponges and how they work I think they are beautiful. You can squirt some aminos and vitamins next to them with the water off and see them pull the water in and push it out which is pretty fun if you haven’t done it before.
I am hoping the sponge power helps the growth and health of the sponges even more but mainly I am using it to try and keep the water clean.
I also started with pohls to see if it makes any differences but I am not sure if it’s doing anything since I don’t really know what to look for. The blue bottles are fairly vague.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I agree, I just started using it again. I have a huge amount of sponges in my tank that have grown so big rocks are stuck together and there are so many they are growing up into the top of the rocks in some spots. I love sponges and how they work I think they are beautiful. You can squirt some aminos and vitamins next to them with the water off and see them pull the water in and push it out which is pretty fun if you haven’t done it before.
I am hoping the sponge power helps the growth and health of the sponges even more but mainly I am using it to try and keep the water clean.
I also started with pohls to see if it makes any differences but I am not sure if it’s doing anything since I don’t really know what to look for. The blue bottles are fairly vague.
If you havent already Flatoworm and coral booster are also amazing!

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea fws is great, I used it to get rid of some aefw with a double dose a while ago. The booster I didn’t really see any changes using it though. I thought about adding fws to boost the corals “Health” or what not but I don’t see it being worth the price with no aefw in the tank.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Anthony,
I have read your post about bacterial diversity. So I have started dosing zeobak and Zeostart 3 into my total volume of 200 gallons. Right now I am starting small, with dosing 1 Ml of ZeoStart3 daily.

Zeobak I am dosing 4 drops twice a week. Today I am also planning to mix Zeobak with coral snow.

I do have the sponge power on hand, but I am planning to wait for the nutrients to get under control. Right now my phosphates are at .47 and Nitrates at 60 PPM.

Do you think I should be dosing sponge power as well ?

I am not running the full Zeovit system. I do have a skimmer which is on all the time.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Vamsi.
Sponge power is very good. U will see an explosive sponge grow in your sump and under rock works. As far as your nutrients u need to find a source example feeding, rodi, new rock etc and minimize it to help reducing your phosphate n nitrate level. If can skim wet that will help a lot. Bacteria can only reduce so much but not all nutrients.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I combine the various KZ blue bottles?

if yes, which ones can co-exist in a single dosing container and which ones not to mix?

reasoning to my question is that I have so many things to dose in my way to automate as many as I can.

here is my list of things I want to automate. I have 8 Versa arriving tomorrow and will swapping out my old dosers.

What I need to dose and would like to Combine the automation of:

KZ Products:
  • zeostart3
  • zeobak
  • zeofood
  • Flatworm stop
  • Coral snow
Other things I will am dosing:
1-Calcium

2-Magnesium

3-Strontium

4-Alkalinity

5-Amino

6-Multivitamins

7-Food (my home made stuff)

thanks for the advise in advance.

dx

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok zeobak, zeofood and coral snow u cant automate so u need to dose manually. So if u have 8 dosers then
1) cal
2) alk
3) mag
4) flatworm stop
5) amino
6) frozen food
7) zeostart3 (very low dose need to make sure your doser can dose less than 2ml accurately
8) vitamin

the test u can dose manually shipping since they dont require to dose everyday.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok zeobak, zeofood and coral snow u cant automate so u need to dose manually. So if u have 8 dosers then
1) cal
2) alk
3) mag
4) flatworm stop
5) amino
6) frozen food
7) zeostart3 (very low dose need to make sure your doser can dose less than 2ml accurately
8) vitamin

the test u can dose manually shipping since they dont require to dose everyday.

for the start3 , i read that i need to use hot rodi to soak the tube before i can use it , is it a must to do that ? i plan to use versa to dose that.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back