OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
for the start3 , i read that i need to use hot rodi to soak the tube before i can use it , is it a must to do that ? i plan to use versa to dose that.
That's if u dose very low dose like 1 drop then u can mix zeostart3 with rodi so u can dose more but less concentrated. I don't know what's your total volume is but I dose 3ml per day and the ghl doser have no problem doing it.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok zeobak, zeofood and coral snow u cant automate so u need to dose manually. So if u have 8 dosers then
1) cal
2) alk
3) mag
4) flatworm stop
5) amino
6) frozen food
7) zeostart3 (very low dose need to make sure your doser can dose less than 2ml accurately
8) vitamin

the test u can dose manually shipping since they dont require to dose everyday.
Thanks .

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok zeobak, zeofood and coral snow u cant automate so u need to dose manually. So if u have 8 dosers then
1) cal
2) alk
3) mag
4) flatworm stop
5) amino
6) frozen food
7) zeostart3 (very low dose need to make sure your doser can dose less than 2ml accurately
8) vitamin

the test u can dose manually shipping since they dont require to dose everyday.

Based on the many responses (for which I am great full) I will setup the following this weekend:

Auto-Dose:

1-Calcium
2-Magnesium
3-Amino (I may mix with Strontium)
4-Alkalinity
5-Frozen Food
6-Flatworm Stop
7-ZeoStart3
8-Multivitamins & TNC Lite Fertiliser

Manual-Dose:
KZ Products:
  • zeobak
  • zeofood
  • Coral snow
Other:
  • Phytoplankton
1586452123084.png

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
Currently dosing food 10 x times a day every hour from 9am.
I use an Evo4 doser which is not the most reliable so can’t wait to move over to the Versa.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i do not understand why every morning i am getting a white flim on the tank surface and every day i am cleaning it .

do you experience this ?

rob myers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i get this grow out tank cycled I am going to need some of your sticks. Thanks for the pictures and your knowledge. So if i were to run a bio pellet reactor would this element the need to dose zeo start for my carbon source Thank again

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When i get this grow out tank cycled I am going to need some of your sticks. Thanks for the pictures and your knowledge. So if i were to run a bio pellet reactor would this element the need to dose zeo start for my carbon source Thank again
No either u do bio pellet or zeostart3 but not both together.

OscarsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Im a previous basic 4 Zeovit user from years ago and about to restart the hobby.

Im considering running a tunze combine skimmer but obviously will struggle with putting a zeovit reactor the display tank.

What are the views on running zeovit stone and carbon in a little canister filter? The main issue about this is not being able shaking the stones and releasing mulm.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,

Im a previous basic 4 Zeovit user from years ago and about to restart the hobby.

Im considering running a tunze combine skimmer but obviously will struggle with putting a zeovit reactor the display tank.

What are the views on running zeovit stone and carbon in a little canister filter? The main issue about this is not being able shaking the stones and releasing mulm.

Thoughts?
The zeolite rock is not an important part of zeovit. It help with amonia and nitrate reduction but the bacteria can do that also. U can put them in bag and shake it once a day.

OscarsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The zeolite rock is not an important part of zeovit. It help with amonia and nitrate reduction but the bacteria can do that also. U can put them in bag and shake it once a day.
I've read your whole tank bio...amazing corals and breaking old trends well done.

I do intend to use the stones,
Not shaking them obviously doesn't allow feeding the mulm to corals but they can be fed alternatives.

Im curious to learn if not shaking them will effect the life span or inhibit effective bacteria culture. Thoughts?

Back