Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok great
without the zeovit media ? or with it ?
my tank is 500L
ill do 5 drop every day for zoeback
and 5 drop spong power day after day
is that good?
500l is approximate 130g. Zeobak recommend 1 drop per 25g 2x a week. So 130/25=5.4x2=10.8 drops per week.
So 2 drops per day m-f is good.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know im a sps guy but got to give chalice some love. JF raja rampart
E543FAC0-2038-48B0-BEE0-C1A16F33D9F7.jpeg

Last edited:

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question how come after dosing coral snow , the seneye monitor is detecting nh4 ?

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread. Just in time because I am trying this on my new tank.

I am using the vibe to shake my zeolite and I am on week 2 of the heavier doses to kick start things.

Any tips for zeo noob?

20200627_111340.jpg

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dont give up the first 6 months will be tough. Create a simple schedule and stick to it. Dont get anxious biological change take time. Record and test ALk, No3 an Po4 to compare and know yours nutrients level

Rob62391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started my first zeo system 2 days ago, following KZ's 14 day cycle dosing instructions. A little nervous about having nutrients going to low leading to problems, especially since I really don't know what additive does what yet lol. If anyone has any advice on what levels of p04 and n03 they've had success with id appreciate it. Also, as I said i'm following the 14 day initial cycle so i'm using the ZEObak, ZEOstart, and sponge power so what would give me a little more peace of mind is really knowing what does what. for example assuming I was skimming and feeding properly but was experiencing high nitrates would I up the dosage of ZEOstart or Sponge power or both? same question for to low nutrients would I pull back on ZEOstart or Sponge power or both? I guess what im asking it what controls what with this system as i'd like to go into this knowing what to do if i have to tweak something so that any potentially minuscule issue i run into doesnt turn into a disaster.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just started my first zeo system 2 days ago, following KZ's 14 day cycle dosing instructions. A little nervous about having nutrients going to low leading to problems, especially since I really don't know what additive does what yet lol. If anyone has any advice on what levels of p04 and n03 they've had success with id appreciate it. Also, as I said i'm following the 14 day initial cycle so i'm using the ZEObak, ZEOstart, and sponge power so what would give me a little more peace of mind is really knowing what does what. for example assuming I was skimming and feeding properly but was experiencing high nitrates would I up the dosage of ZEOstart or Sponge power or both? same question for to low nutrients would I pull back on ZEOstart or Sponge power or both? I guess what im asking it what controls what with this system as i'd like to go into this knowing what to do if i have to tweak something so that any potentially minuscule issue i run into doesnt turn into a disaster.
You can read this thread it should answer some of your questions

Rob62391

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can read this thread it should answer some of your questions

Yea I found some answers in there, i just wish that being how individual this system seems to be that they would put out a list of common issues and possible solutions. I think I pretty much have a handle on what I’m doing, but like I said if I do run into a scenario where I need to tweak something I want to make sure I go in the right direction rather then turning an issue that could be minor into something more complex.

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I found some answers in there, i just wish that being how individual this system seems to be that they would put out a list of common issues and possible solutions. I think I pretty much have a handle on what I’m doing, but like I said if I do run into a scenario where I need to tweak something I want to make sure I go in the right direction rather then turning an issue that could be minor into something more complex.
What i can recommend for you is to write a log of your tank as far as parameters so u can go back and see the changes that your tank go through. comparing your dosage to the change of your parameters you can understand your tank water chemistry and what effect of each component. But dont worry too much on numbers best way is to observe the algae or corals in your tank. They will tell u if the water is good or not. Zeovit system wont give significant result after 1 year. The first 6 months will be tough because your tank bio is changing. Algae will come and go

OP
OP
ycnibrc

ycnibrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few have ask me this question
What is the best parameters for keeping sps?
The only way u will know what best for your tank is to test more often and record your results with a journal. There will be a time that you look at your tank and everything look good, healthy and growing that will be the best parameters for your tank. However unless you test and record you dont know your parameters at that time to use it as a base line when your tank is off.

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be getting the Skimz ZM150 reactor (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/skimz-monzter-zm150-external-zeolith-reactor.html) but it doesn't come with a pump. The description shows a flow rate of 476-528 GPH but the zeovit system guide says ~ 100 GPH flow over the media. Do you have a pump recomendation? Is flow rate THAT important or if I stay in that 100-400 GPH range I'll be ok?
if you still didn't buy it
you can go with the other model it has pump and it will clean the media automatic
this is it
or the small one

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you still didn't buy it
you can go with the other model it has pump and it will clean the media automatic
this is it
or the small one
I would love to go with the ZAR-157 model, however they are discontinued at BRS and I can't find them anywhere else in the states. I contacted Skims directly and I can get it from them but the cost is very high plus a $150 shipping fee. Not worth it.

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to go with the ZAR-157 model, however they are discontinued at BRS and I can't find them anywhere else in the states. I contacted Skims directly and I can get it from them but the cost is very high plus a $150 shipping fee. Not worth it.
yes
i got mine from aliexpress as well and shipping direct from skimz was same price as the reactor :p but i did it any way and got it 2 days ago

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back