Zetlight UFO Z8 90W LED - any experiences?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like mine and like others have said the app is not the best, but with a couple of practice runs I set up a setting I like (high blues, very little whites) and occasionally adjust the settings if algae creeps in some. One of the fans just recently went out so going to attempt to take it apart tonight to hopefully find a part number and replace it.
Cobalt has replacement parts but they won't sell them because of liability issues.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobalt has replacement parts but they won't sell them because of liability issues.
Greeattt....I was afraid of something like that as I had emailed them yesterday and knowing the light being discontinued. The light isn't even 2 years old and fan went out and with it sounding like I won't be able to find a replacement fan I guess I threw away hundreds of dollars unfortunately.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeattt....I was afraid of something like that as I had emailed them yesterday and knowing the light being discontinued. The light isn't even 2 years old and fan went out and with it sounding like I won't be able to find a replacement fan I guess I threw away hundreds of dollars unfortunately.
I'm sure you can get the fan somewhere. The light was made in China, so start there with them. Try to buy another light if you can, ask sasquatchboy on ebay, he may be able to get another light cheap. He knows a distributor that has them, that is how he is replacing my defective light.

bdholmes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like mine and like others have said the app is not the best, but with a couple of practice runs I set up a setting I like (high blues, very little whites) and occasionally adjust the settings if algae creeps in some. One of the fans just recently went out so going to attempt to take it apart tonight to hopefully find a part number and replace it.
Is the cobalt app for the iPhone too? I see it for android, but not in the iPhone app store

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the cobalt app for the iPhone too? I see it for android, but not in the iPhone app store
I looked for it in App Store and didn't see it either anymore so in short do not buy the light. Cobalt has stopped answering emails (support) on the light so when mine gives out I guess I'm buying a more mainstream light. So much for trying to support the little guy in this case if they won't stand by products even if product doesn't end up being a success.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked for it in App Store and didn't see it either anymore so in short do not buy the light. Cobalt has stopped answering emails (support) on the light so when mine gives out I guess I'm buying a more mainstream light. So much for trying to support the little guy in this case if they won't stand by products even if product doesn't end up being a success.
Well I was completely wrong about Cobalt not answering me months ago on my recent response from my last post as I plain just missed their email reply from many months ago (foot in mouth!) They stated they will fix the light, but seems like I have to send it in which I'm unsure of if I can do as I do not have a backup light. It's such a neat looking light and the only light I've ever seen in person or online that doesn't look cheaply made, hope I can keep it running. Checked apple App Store though again and didn't see it only Android so guess I'll be keeping my outdated phone for awhile as I'm unsure if I can transfer app to a new iPhone?

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you can get the fan somewhere. The light was made in China, so start there with them. Try to buy another light if you can, ask sasquatchboy on ebay, he may be able to get another light cheap. He knows a distributor that has them, that is how he is replacing my defective light.
Thank you...just messaged him!

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for trying though appreciate it!
Can you replace the fan yourself? I will remove a fan from my spare unit and see if I can get a replacement on eBay. How is your light working with just one fan?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a cheap tablet with Android to run the app. That is what I have used, now I set the light on a schedule and do not need to use the app unless I want to change the settings.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back