Zoa’s. Out of water

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple os small Zoa frags that i would like to attach to my rock.i have 3 rock islands that i am going to Dremel out spots, then i would like to Dremel the frag plugs down to smaller sizes so they won’t be so ugly on the rock. My question is how long can the Zoa’s stay out of water while i do the trimming and gluing to the rock?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can do the gluing underwater. They can be out of water for 15-30 minutes or longer (per reports elsewhere). If you keep them misted/damp it would probably help. I have seen stories where people have them out for even longer. I would say the shortest time possible. When I do water changes on my tank - I drain water so that all of my mushrooms, GSP, and SPS are out in the open air. I periodically splash tank water onto them - never have any problems.

OP
OP
C

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you can glue underwater, but i want to trim down the plug it is too big for the frag. I will probably trim about 1/2” or so all around plug and since I’m going to DreMel a flat spot on rock i figured i might as well do the gluing out of tank. I’ll do the rock first then take frag out of tank and trim and glue hoping whole process will take less than 1/2 hr.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back