Zoa Eating Spider

Car-Los

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in February I dipped some zoanthids I had purchased online in peroxide, after observing them for a few minutes I saw some zoa eating spiders floating in the cup.

I discarded those frags and all but one zoa eating spider, which I kept in small container. I have over 30 different zoanthids in my reef tank so I proceeded to dip all of them just to be safe.

I decided to keep the zoa eating spider to photograph it, but never really got to it. The container sat behind my reef tank for four months. This morning I needed an extra container to transport some frags to a coworker. I remembered I had the container housing the zoa eating spider, my intentions were to dump the spider, clean the container and reuse it but after observing the spider for a few seconds I noticed it moved!

Yep! It’s still alive, it survived 4 months in under 2 ounces of saltwater. The spider lost all its coloration but it’s still hanging on! Incredible.

DAADF5CE-A499-4A8D-8E26-36BABBDE44AF.jpeg 33B2B37C-1380-4EB4-911D-4DB48B244F3D.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0656.MOV
    45.2 MB

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that CGI, thats cool in uv!
What is CGI. I found a 6 leg spider on some frags. I assumed it was a zoa eating one but just pulled pics of those up and they have 8 legs and a long body. This thing looks like a serpent starfish sort of! Very round center and very long legs! I will post a pic tomorrow when I figure out how!

Back