Zoa Garden Planning(Grouping zoas by growth rate)

Validator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, Was wondering if there is a good guide somewhere that can tell me which zoas should go with which in terms of similar growth rates under similar conditions? I don't want one out competing the other. I know that colours also do play a part but I thought to manage the growth first else all would be for naught if one gets overwhelemd by the others.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They all tend to differ.

As crude but at times roughly accurate with a smirk guide generally the less common and exotic they are ($$$) the slower the growth. :)

They all grow fast under the right conditions, but some can grow scary fast under the right conditions.

Bam bams for me cover any rock they are on in a few months and would swallow a tank if they could. Nirvannas are next. Mohicans are another one even my reef shop won't carry because once they get on the frag rack they are out of control.

Parrottbay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Price usually dictates growth rates and ease in all corals but it is NORMALLY true in zoas too. I sell alot of zoas because I collect alot of zoas, so I could potentially help if you like.
output_image1617929985382.jpg

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would agree and disagree with the statement above that price dictates growth.

mad I know some vendors may have a Zoa that is new and they may only be releasing it very slowly, but it grows really really well!

sometimes price may be in relation to demand.
Price may also be in relation to colors. The more colors a Zoa has the more pricy it may be.

I would say get your zoas and keep them on a frag rack for awhile. Keep track of growth rates on each frag. Then you will know for sure.

some people can grow some zoas very easily while other tanks they may melt.

each tank, each Zoa can and will act differently.

just my two cents

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back