OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll make sure to update if they change again. They seem about done, haven't changed in awhile.

Definitely happy with where they've wound up. These are pretty. Not what I expected to have when I first bought them, but I'll take 'em!

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Having looked at pictures of both, I have a suspicion these are two of those morphs that were probably collected pretty darn close to each other. But between the two, mine look more like Frozen Furies. The orange/red rim is pretty thin, not even really reaching the bases of the tentacles, and it looks like Utter Peace zoas have a rim that completely covers the tentacles and comes over some of the disk.

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Like I said, they might morph further but at this point that’s not an utter peace. Here’s a pic of bonafide utter peace for reference.

While certain strains shared basic characteristics and can be put into ‘buckets’ utter peace are a specific thing with distinguishing characteristics. As utter chaos morph the potential is there for utter peace to do the same.

D6D38F04-6EB7-4EAE-AC8A-DE9883214E35.jpeg 4330047F-2357-4285-BB85-F30B91833085.jpeg

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh, yeah, mine definitely don't have that much pink/orange/red/whatever. It barely covers the tentacles.

That's some really nice contrast on those King Midas! The non-yellow portions of mine aren't nearly that dark. Yours are stunning.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, yeah, mine definitely don't have that much pink/orange/red/whatever. It barely covers the tentacles.

That's some really nice contrast on those King Midas! The non-yellow portions of mine aren't nearly that dark. Yours are stunning.
Thank you.
When I got the utter peace they didn’t look like that. They colored up in my tank that way.

it’s still possible that’s what you have. Or a morph of those.

I’m with @footgal though I want some of your zoas! All the ones she wants I want! Even your utter peace looking ones so I can compare in person ;)

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it'll still be a bit before I can frag the Lemon Twists (they're called TSA Lemon Twists, not Lemon Crush), they took awhile to get going and still aren't growing too fast. And if @footgal is still interested, the first spare frag is spoken for. But since they're palys, I'm sure I'll have more spares at some point. I'm definitely trying to feed them pretty often to get 'em growing. They're pretty cool, yellow/orange with green centers and a finely tentacled frill.

I absolutely have spares of whatever these are. My hermits have been playing shuffleboard with the entire contents of my sandbed, which resulted in the original frag of these getting torn up and spread around. I have... probably four or five reasonable frags kinda just loose in there, on plugs, rubble bits, and so on, including a bit that's got some Tweekers on it also.

If you or anyone else would like some of these, do PM me. I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping live stuff until at least late September, as I live in Texas, but once it cools off I totally have spares. They're growing at a reasonable pace, but don't seem to be an invasive one? And if they are invasive, at least they're pretty.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it'll still be a bit before I can frag the Lemon Twists (they're called TSA Lemon Twists, not Lemon Crush), they took awhile to get going and still aren't growing too fast. And if @footgal is still interested, the first spare frag is spoken for. But since they're palys, I'm sure I'll have more spares at some point. I'm definitely trying to feed them pretty often to get 'em growing. They're pretty cool, yellow/orange with green centers and a finely tentacled frill.

I absolutely have spares of whatever these are. My hermits have been playing shuffleboard with the entire contents of my sandbed, which resulted in the original frag of these getting torn up and spread around. I have... probably four or five reasonable frags kinda just loose in there, on plugs, rubble bits, and so on, including a bit that's got some Tweekers on it also.

If you or anyone else would like some of these, do PM me. I wouldn't feel comfortable shipping live stuff until at least late September, as I live in Texas, but once it cools off I totally have spares. They're growing at a reasonable pace, but don't seem to be an invasive one? And if they are invasive, at least they're pretty.
Me and @footgal are BFF lol ask her she will confirm. We will probably split purchase of those that way we both get them. When she is ready because currently I have way to much stuff! And some of my tank is overtaken by stuff I’m holding for her ( I do it out of love for her though!)

shipping right now (even from Texas) isn’t that bad. One small ice pack would suffice for the heat! Ive had stuff shipped to me during the summer from Texas with no issues and just one ice pack for smaller boxes.

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll PM you so as not to further fill up the "what coral is this" thread with semi-off-topic posts.

Again, if anyone wants some of these, lemme know- promise I won't over-price 'em. Actually, I'd trade for macros. Anyone have any ulva that doesn't stick onto rocks and go invasive? Halimeda? I want pod habitat. Or pods, actually, anyone have spare amphipods?

OP
OP
Tired

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got a compact camera that can be submerged, so I'm planning to take some nice pictures of everything soon. I'll make sure to get a shot of them.

They're not quite as striking for me as I remember the pictures being, but that's probably just my lighting. Still a nice yellow with green centers, definitely interesting. I'm still favoring a white light that's not as good for color over a blue, because I like the overall look of the tank better this way.

Possibly of note; these may be a toxic species. I had an incident this week; my Captain Jerks had spread too much, so I removed their rock from the tank and scraped them off, wearing gloves of course. Covered the whole patch where they'd been with superglue, then covered that with putty, then put it back in the tank. Poisoned every skeleton-having coral down to nearly or entirely dead, and annoyed the hell out of most of my zoas. The only four things not notably upset were an RFA, my blue-green syngonium, my paly grandis, and the Lemon Twists. Which makes me think maybe the Lemon Twists are resistant to palytoxin, due to being toxic themselves.
Aside from that, they do seem to be a palythoas, rather than just a big zoa, and IIRC palys are more likely to be toxic.

(I've now removed that palythoas rock from the tank and put it in a bucket with a pump and light. It's staying in banishment for a month or so. I should have done that in the first place, instead of putting it back at all. I have also done several very large water changes, and everything that didn't die is opening back up. Frickin' Jerks. Never put those things on your rockwork.)

Back