Zoa Identificaiton: Can Someone Help Me ID This?

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team,

Just your average zoa lover here. Hey, I see this photo all the time online, looks sick right?

Can anybody identify the orange zoa with the purple lashes on it? I LOVE these, but can't find them anywhere.

Bonus points: If you can name them all, I'd love that too. There's a couple of zoas on here I definitely want lol

1642914585327.png

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red kedds. Radioactive dragon eyes. Candy apple reds. Fruitloops.
Id need to.google but original dragon eyes. Mandarins. Super sayians. The orange ones on the right. One has a center. One solid orange center.
D

Upvote 0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Isn’t there a poster sold somewhere showing popular Zoanthids and their common names?
zoabrary i believe ,looked through all 26 pages last night, no match i seen.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
May be superduperman or what I believe are Goochster Zoas

Upvote 0

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you look closely at the lashes, they are not purple but baby blue cb moneyshot/hyper jubilee

Upvote 0

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
zoabrary i believe ,looked through all 26 pages last night, no match i seen.
@fishguy242 wow so many !!! I like so many of them I couldn’t begin put a list together of what I like. Check out Queen of Reef on YouTube. She put together a big cluster of zoas arranged by complementary colors and the psychology behind complementary colors. Simply amazing. Super pop. When certain colors are placed next to each other they really bring out the best.

Upvote 0

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1643034549519.png

Left to right (as best I can)
Twizzlers
tinker bell
candy apple red
radioactive dragon eyes
fire and ice
(orange and blue I dont know one like that but I know a lot of red and blue) afterburners= blue with orange lash, spiderman=red with blue lash
fruit loops
super saiyan (or super sunflower)
candy apple red
fire and ice
super saiyan
OG dragon eyes
more tinkerbell
maybe mandarin orange? They're blurry
last ones might be morphed out or photoshopped rainbow infusions (they do not look like that irl but I agree with other people here they they are pretty close). These look similar to the ones OP originally wanted an ID for but if you look really closely they have a small bit of green which the ones in the center lack, they could still be the same zoa though.
small colony on the bottom = scrambled eggs

Happy reefing yall!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Ginga Ninja

The Ginga Ninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1643034549519.png

Left to right (as best I can)
Twizzlers
tinker bell
candy apple red
radioactive dragon eyes
fire and ice
(orange and blue I dont know one like that but I know a lot of red and blue) afterburners= blue with orange lash, spiderman=red with blue lash
fruit loops
super saiyan (or super sunflower)
candy apple red
fire and ice
super saiyan
OG dragon eyes
more tinkerbell
maybe mandarin orange? They're blurry
last ones might be morphed out or photoshopped rainbow infusions (they do not look like that irl but I agree with other people here they they are pretty close). These look similar to the ones OP originally wanted an ID for but if you look really closely they have a small bit of green which the ones in the center lack, they could still be the same zoa though.
small colony on the bottom = scrambled eggs

Happy reefing yall!
Someone who knows their Zoas! Thanks for the reply, I really think you got those all right.

After some thought, I’m actually wondering if these are just orange plays (maybe hooligans, sunny D’s??) and the photo is way enhanced… like saturation times 1,000%... and so the skirt looks blue or purple. Am I on to something? Haha

Upvote 0

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone who knows their Zoas! Thanks for the reply, I really think you got those all right.

After some thought, I’m actually wondering if these are just orange plays (maybe hooligans, sunny D’s??) and the photo is way enhanced… like saturation times 1,000%... and so the skirt looks blue or purple. Am I on to something? Haha
Probably lol, I was thinking that the photo is really oversaturated :)

Upvote 2

rocknurworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi team,

Just your average zoa lover here. Hey, I see this photo all the time online, looks sick right?

Can anybody identify the orange zoa with the purple lashes on it? I LOVE these, but can't find them anywhere.

Bonus points: If you can name them all, I'd love that too. There's a couple of zoas on here I definitely want lol

1642914585327.png
these are beautifull what do you use to get such a good photo and what lights are on in this photo to get that amazing glow

Upvote 0

rocknurworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That photo is originally from JoshPorkSandwich. You can buy his prints and I think he has an instagram!
any ideas how they get their zoas to look as amazing like that. also how do you get your zoas to have that lovely glow effect colour during the daytime lights as I find daytime lights on colours are dull it's only when nighttime blue light is on you get to see the lovely colours. my tank is the flyval evo 52l stock light that I'm using.

Upvote 0

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any ideas how they get their zoas to look as amazing like that. also how do you get your zoas to have that lovely glow effect colour during the daytime lights as I find daytime lights on colours are dull it's only when nighttime blue light is on you get to see the lovely colours. my tank is the flyval evo 52l stock light that I'm using.
I use an AI Prime HD to get the nice colors. Check it out on my build thread!

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 11.1%
Back