Zoa lovers in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Illinois area!!!!

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. I’m creating this post to find fellow reefers in these three states as I will be moving from Florida back home to southern Indiana(New Albany to exact)/Louisville, KY area. I’m look for the best fish stores in these three states preferably closer to Louisville as that is the closest city to my residency once again and don’t want this hobby I love so much to die because I will no longer be in Florida with a fish store in every corner lol. So if you live in the surrounding area or know of others on here who do please tag them in this post and then we can create a thread for us to help each other out sense we don’t live in Florida where a fish store is in every corner. Happy reefing all, looking forward to hearing from everyone.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m in Indianapolis area but premium aquatics is my favorite local. They’re on the south side.

Mx_reefer99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue star aquatics is the best in southern Indiana in fact that’s the only one I will buy fish from. Other than that there is green tree pet shop then there is Sandy’s pet shop and aquatica in Louisville. Definitely way less choices that Florida but enough to keep it alive!

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue star aquatics is the best in southern Indiana in fact that’s the only one I will buy fish from. Other than that there is green tree pet shop then there is Sandy’s pet shop and aquatica in Louisville. Definitely way less choices that Florida but enough to keep it alive!

Thank you very much for that. I will check out these when I’m back in town in December

NaptownPzzWtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in downtown Indianapolis. The Reef is one of our most reputable stores in the area (Broadripple). And they just modernized their store. If you just want coral, look up Simply Saltwater Aquatics on fb. It's ran by my buddy, Brad, out in Muncie. Great source for zoas, sps, chalice, and other lps. Mainly high end, but also many affordable classics.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in downtown Indianapolis. The Reef is one of our most reputable stores in the area (Broadripple). And they just modernized their store. If you just want coral, look up Simply Saltwater Aquatics on fb. It's ran by my buddy, Brad, out in Muncie. Great source for zoas, sps, chalice, and other lps. Mainly high end, but also many affordable classics.

Thank you so much. I will make a trip up there when I’m back in town. Do they have a website?

NaptownPzzWtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No website, and he actually runs everything out of his house. But there are pics on his fb (that he honestly should update more.) He has the best zoa collection I've ever seen in person. Premium aquatics is also worth checking out I've heard, but I've never actually been.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No website, and he actually runs everything out of his house. But there are pics on his fb (that he honestly should update more.) He has the best zoa collection I've ever seen in person. Premium aquatics is also worth checking out I've heard, but I've never actually been.

Can you direct message me his name so I can check out his zoas? Thanks again, I will be checking them all out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back