ZOA Named Coral Database Opened! Help us fill it!

Discussion in 'Zoa Discussion (CLUB ZOA)' started by revhtree, Apr 27, 2012.

1. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

I have opened up the lps and zoa named coral database forum for your reference and for your help! These databases are far from complete and this is where you can play a part.

When we are close to finishing the list in these forums I will create a master alphabetical list so navigating will be easier. For now this is how you can help. We need you to go through the lps and zoa database forum and create new threads for corals that are missing. Example: If you don't see a topic created for say Raptors Rainbow Zoas then you would start a new thread with the title as Raptors Rainbows and then you would add your picture. That's it!

We really need your help to make sure we cover all of the "NAMED" corals for this Database.

By creating and entry you give R2R permission to use your photo in the database.

Zoanthid Identification Database

LPS Identification Database

The SPS database will also be open soon after we complete these!

So who will help?

THANKS!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Tags:

2. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Cyber Monday Sponsor

Anybody want to help us get this done! :D

Create a new entry and your name and photo will go down in R2R history for millions to see! :D

3. revhtree

BUMP for those that are willing to help us add new entries!

4. tampasnooker

tampasnooker Active Member

Rev,
    Is it possible to make the thread icon into a picture of the morph in the thread? It would make browsing and searching a lot quicker. Food for thought. Great work!

saltyfilmfolks likes this.
  5. revhtree

Hey buddy once we get close to completion I am going to make a whole new page with all the names in alphabetical order as well as with a thumbnail that will take you directly to the thread. :)

6. CSJIII

CSJIII Well-Known Member

I would love to help rev!

7. Reef Pets

Reef Pets Bioprospector

This will be great. Can't wait for the sps database to get started. I have a ton of photos and should be able to contribute.

8. revhtree

Man that would be awesome and save me a ton of work!

You could start with creating a new thread and alphabetizing all the names we have in a list and linking the names to the thread in which they go. :D

I will then sticky the thread in your name will go down in R2R history! LOL!

You can just do what you can and then go back and finish when you can.

9. revhtree

Hey buddy the SPS has been started and is rocking and rolling!

10. Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade Zs and Ps/PE collector R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

Not sure it this will work, but if you copy the thread name in the forum and then paste it into a word document it maintains the link. Then if you post it back into a thread . . . .

5 Color Rainbow
    AOI's
    Armageddon's
    Eagle Eye's
    Emeralds On Fire
    Fruit Loops
    Goblin's Fire
    Jokers
    Lord Of The Ring (LOTR)
    Rose Nebulas
    Ruby Red
    Sour Apple
    Tubs Blues
    UnAttainables

Yep, it works, might save some time.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  11. Wy Renegade

Wy Renegade Zs and Ps/PE collector R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Moderator Emeritus

I got an indexed list up, but it is going to be hard to keep track of threads to keep it updated!

12. revhtree

You rock man!

13. sbash

sbash Not Just a Potato R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

@revhtree Did anything come of this? The links do not appear functional :(

Really, I would like to take this data a step further... I am thinking, something like this:

https://www.arborday.org/trees/whattree/

It would probably take me a while to program in my spare time... But would be extremely useful...

smiley28 likes this.
  14. Edudek

Edudek Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone know the names of these??

Draft saved Draft deleted