Zoa Pest ID

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had my zoas explode in growth and they were climbing my back wall nicely when I noticed them starting to close up. I gave it a couple of days before investigating and used a target feeder to blow them off. I can see little bright pink spots that move like flatworms but they don't look like flatworms. I managed to get one with the target feeder and it's body looks like a teardrop. They almost resemble a single zoa skirt 'lash.' I assume their color means they have been eating my zoas but what are they and how can I get rid of them? My zoas aren't dippable as they have grown over all my rock and up the glass
IMG_2920.jpg
IMG_2917.jpg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Arcticwolf

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my zoas for a long time, but added 2 frags recently from someone who told me he couldn't keep zoas. I wondered why because they seem easy for me. They went in around 3 weeks ago. I couldn't break one of the frags off the plug because it had encrusted around 3 sides, so I'm guessing something was hiding under it. I dipped but clearly whatever these are made it in. I thought maybe nudis too but they have no 'tufts.' I've tried flatworm exit and flatworm stop and they seem to keep spreading. So frustrating!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry i don't know.:(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back