Zoa pox ? Or what is this ? And how to treat

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Iodine diluted may be your next options. Main ingredient for furan is nitrofurazone if you can find that.
Have you tried Chewy and Ebay for Furan-2? About a month ago, Furan was still available from them

You'd posted this on another thread recently. On ebay one person is selling a bottle for $40, another for $400 for 850grams, neither of those are viable options. A google search brings back extremely limited items. Time being of the essence Lugol's is the right solution here.

OP
OP
MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@zoaprince yup, I was going to mention that in my original post but decided not to.

@mdb_talon we can disagree on that point. I'm also not a fan or Coral Rx after using it in my regiment for a few months but I know other folks that swear by it. Many ways to skin the proverbial cat. I would, however, give @MohamedF an idea of the concentration they should aim for (unless I missed it). I think we can both agree that a proper diagnosis and actually being able to get the materials (and in a timely fashion), whatever treatment path they choose, is key.
Ok . Thanks a lot for your detailed help and description , it’s a bit hard to import online chemicals in my country .. unfortunately.. but I will try to find it as soon as possible .. otherwise I will try to find local similar ingredient medicine .

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok . Thanks a lot for your detailed help and description , it’s a bit hard to import online chemicals in my country .. unfortunately.. but I will try to find it as soon as possible .. otherwise I will try to find local similar ingredient medicine .
You might be able to try a pharmacy. Lugol's iodine is widely available.

OP
OP
MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look like people eaters which have those white marks when closed up. Some algae growing on top of them.

Do you disagree? @littlebigreef
Smart notice .. they are green people eaters .. I have one that is already in my tank on a second frag .. how did you noticed them while they are closed !!!

Attachments

• 302D3962-F0B3-4051-B0BA-17F6847931FB.jpeg
    302D3962-F0B3-4051-B0BA-17F6847931FB.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to try a pharmacy. Lugol's iodine is widely available.
I found a local pharmacy that manufacture it in lab . Same ingredients and ratios I hope , should receive it in 48 hours . Will keep updated the treatment and the results here . Thanks for advise

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day everyone , I got those few days ago, I didn’t dip them “ last time ever “ .. and since then they didn’t open and are like that .. is that zoa pox ? And how to treat them without medicine like furan ? Will dipping in hydrogen peroxide work ? Thanks .

85CBD2DA-98E1-46CE-8E71-4EAD70145F0B.jpeg 85BEB48B-14C2-429B-825A-360775E5CC43.jpeg

NOT pox. That is the normal coloration of this paly when closed. What they need is an iodine dip as you can see the fuzziness around them. I like to use lugals and add enough till tea colored and then dip for 10 min.

OP
OP
MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOT pox. That is the normal coloration of this paly when closed. What they need is an iodine dip as you can see the fuzziness around them. I like to use lugals and add enough till tea colored and then dip for 10 min.
Thanks . I should receive iodine today or tomorrow max , then I will dip them and post results here .. thanks for help .

OP
OP
MohamedF

MohamedF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to dip in iodine . But I believe it didn’t work out . Maybe it was too soft for the bacteria . Later after two days I did another dip and waiting it’s results , I removed them from their frags and put them
In new one splitter them
In two groups , one I dipped in HP and the other iodine .. will keep posting results here after few days .

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to dip in iodine . But I believe it didn’t work out . Maybe it was too soft for the bacteria . Later after two days I did another dip and waiting it’s results , I removed them from their frags and put them
In new one splitter them
In two groups , one I dipped in HP and the other iodine .. will keep posting results here after few days .
Update on results?

NewGuy8899

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In new one splitter them
Update on results?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back