Zoa zenith: Do you have a favorite color of zoanthid?

Do you have a favorite color of zoanthid?

• Yes, I have a specific color and pattern that is my favorite.

Votes: 33 11.1%
  • Yes, I have a favorite color.

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • I have preferences of colors and patterns, but not just one.

Votes: 98 33.1%
  • I like all colors and patterns.

Votes: 110 37.2%
  • I don’t keep zoanthids.

Votes: 34 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer some colors but like/want them all. I have about 45 varieties zoa and paly, so I have a long way to go lol. I think the lady at the RAP booth selling sets of 5 full size zoa ID posters said she had catalogued I think 1500 named varieties. I guess I am a little partial to blue varieties though and have a number of them.

Calizoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wild bright zoas I picked up at fragswap Lakeland fl a few years ago next to my lsh

GeneralWrassement

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little shops of horror and exospheres are my favorite but I like anything small type and colorful. No big ugly palys

Attachments

• 0D34E1ED-B657-4938-A687-EB0D6C79B496.jpeg
    0D34E1ED-B657-4938-A687-EB0D6C79B496.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 52

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the bright ones that stand out are what I buy. I also like to separate the larger paly vs the small zoas into different gardens too
having some dark ones mixed in can make those bright look brighter !
psychosis and black orchid (very similar) are my favorite dark ones to mix in at the moment

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa zenith: Do you have a favorite color of zoanthid?

Zoanthids come in many different colors and combinations of colors. A zoa garden with a wide range of color can be breath-taking with the opposing colors offsetting each other and can truly become a living art display. And yet, I find myself coming back to certain colors and combinations when I am staring at various zoas or choosing more to add to add to my tank. Sometimes zoas have been given unique names based on their coloring (such as AIO, Rastas, Sunny Delight, Utter Chaos, and many more) and sometimes the names are unknown or forgotten. Are there certain colors or patterns that catch your eye? If so, please tell us what color zoas you prefer!

Pro Tip: When looking at zoa coloring, focus on the mouth, center, outer rim, and skirt and compare the different color combinations of these elements.

Kupo_zoas.png

Photo by @Kupo; Daisy Cutter Zoas

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”
I'm looking to add the first corals to my almost 1yo 130 gal tank. I messaged WWC regarding the best method to accomplish this and was told instructions would be included with my order. I would however like to be prepared ahead of time and have numerous questions regarding dips, light acclimation, drip acclimation, and especially placement in the tank. I have urchins, so frags need to be secured in place however I understand they may need to initially be placed lower than their ultimate destination. Any links or info. you could send me would be much appreciated. Thanks, [email protected]

WetPringleChip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having some dark ones mixed in can make those bright look brighter !
psychosis and black orchid (very similar) are my favorite dark ones to mix in at the moment
I have mine mixed with like a dark rim but bright interiors like aoi has bright yellow but a dark background for contrast or white zombies have a dull but speckled rim and a very small green mouth. I get what youre saying though!

David Groos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the blue variations. I run my lights around 14k so it doesn’t have the unnatural fluorescent look. So the blue is a great contrast to the greens and pinks of most corals. AOI’s and Blue Hornets are my favorites.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What are the zoas in the last picture called?

I try to find zoas that look food under white light. Radioactive dragon eyes are one of my favoritea.
I believe those are my Blue Meany zoas

Staci.Pinck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've come to realize I'm a brand snob when it comes to corals.. the more sought after a zoa is, the more I want it lol (generally means more expensive )
I'm kinda bad that way too lol. Grandmaster Krakatoa is my favorite "find" so far. Colorwise, I'm really partial to Utter Chaos and AOI. I get a lot of my zoas & palys from Cornbred Corals and they are always top notch.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back