ZOAJUNKIE 35 RR DEEPBLUE MIXED REEF RESTART

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been in this R2R family on and off for the past 7 or 8 years. i never really did a write up on my tanks because of my military service moving me around for years and not knowing when i would be gone or move and we know that can be a pain on keeping a nice reef. I have been in the saltwater game since 2003 and cant leave it.

I have had my share of frag tanks and grown tons of softies, zoas and lps which can be found on my other pages that i have posted. but finally i'm out of the service, i own my own house and i'm ready to have that display tank that i have always wanted ( as long as i can keep my hands out of it lol ). but here it is. simple as i always have done, wish i did a write up on my build but that is on me.

I have had this tank set up for the past 4 years, it was more prior a fish only, too random mixed corals. Due to a power loss a little over a year ago and estimated around 3 days of no power during the winter i ended up losing most of my collection in this tank and my frag tank and gave up. Tanks were running and never shut down, but well i had enough of a ugly tank sitting around so got to work again with some flow upgrades and lighting from my old school first gen AI HYDRA.

The Tank
35 RR Deep Blue cube
Around 45 LBS of live rock and 2" bed of live sand / crushed coral
AI Hydra 32 HD ( running pirates preset )
4FT tall black diy stand ( nice for a walk up and look in view )
20 gal sump with sock / reef oct protein skimmer / about 40 LB of live rock P.S. i love lots of live rock ;) bioload!
2 korila power heads ( 750-850 GPH )
Daner mag7 return pump
*10% water change every sunday

Live Stock.
2 lyretail anthias
1 canary wrasse
1 lightning gold x maroon

1 small horseshoe crab ( cause he is cool )
mix of mexican turbo snails and blue leg hermits
3 emerald crabs

Corals ( so far )
mix of lps and zoas fo far.

* all corals so far from my recommended friends which i advise you to check out and have a wide selection....
IGROZOAS
USCTOM

ARTHUS110031

* now i always run my tanks simple, believe in a large bioload, have had much success with it and just don't like to change much ( if it's not broke don't fix it ) but i'm open to suggestions on upgrades via water flow but tricky for me since its a cube.

NOW HERE ARE SOME START OFF PICS.

IMG_20200116_163241767.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking nice !!!
WELCOME BACK

OP
OP
zoajunkie83

zoajunkie83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
p.s. please remember favias sometimes have a long tentacle reach, which is why he has been located to the rear. they will sting! rip a few frags and hope make a come back!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back