zoanthid colony intruder

jayu_patidar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200702_171920.jpg

Hello all, I've noticed that over the last 2 weeks that these 2 little polyps are present and need help identifying them. I'm worried they are one of those toxic palythoas and if it is, should I try and remove it or just leave it alone. cheers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, Zoas and Palys both contain palythoa and are both lethal to humans but they only

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
squirt it when they are stressed or being fragged but rarely, I think it looks like aiptasia but atleast it isn't Zoa eating spiders,

Sorry this post is two, my computer lagged. Looks like aiptasia, poke it and see if it retracts, if it does, most likely aiptasia, coul be wrong though, I'd recommend some peppermint shrimps (Reef safe aiptasia eating ones) and if they do not work some berghia nudibranchs (You will need to constantly add Aiptasia to fufill their diet), peppermint shrimp like low flow and come out at night and if those don't work, come back here and tell us

ChgoGoodGirl

Oooo Ill take that one... & that one... & that one
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if they change colors/shape on their own to match the environment, or if there are just different variations, kinda like zoa/palys. Ive had ones that look just like yours living in my zoas and Ive had ones thathave the same shape but looked darker laying flat on a rock.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majano come in a wide range of colors. It is Majano and they will spread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Using a syringe, inject some Kalkwasser powder into a thin paste and inject into center core, and it will safely melt away

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back