Zoanthid eaters have started to destroy my Zoa garden!!

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry about your zoas, I've lost over half of one of my frags over the last few days. I'm pulling it tonight for a dip. I don't mean to hi jack your thread but do wrasses' eat hydroids by any chance?

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience 6 lines are often a problem in tanks 100 gallons or less. The smaller the tank the greater the problem.
In big tanks with a lot of stone it is totally different. I even had a pair in my 400 gallon with no problem at all. (About 650 pound of live rock) Totally peaceful. No aggression between them or to other fishes.
To my customers i recommend them for 150 gallons or more with at least 100 pounds of live rock in the tank. They need something to do. Thats the reason for so much rock.
But it is easier to have a Halichoeres. Just have a place with sand for them to sleep and the problems are gone.

I have 6 Tanks all less than 100

6 Line in Each

Never a Problem.

Am I the Luckiest Person Ever?

I have yet to win the Lottery I Play 4 Times a Week for the Last 20 Years.

But My 6 Lines X 12 ish have been Model Citizens.

When Will My Numbers come Up? :(

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked. They are good pest hunters but I have had the same aggressive behavior from mine. He killed almost every fish I put in after him, even if they were several times bigger than him. My wife said I'm never allowed to buy one again.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but what about a small yellow coris instead of the 6 line. As long as you have a sand bed of course.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back