Zoanthid help

kkwilson698

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some zoanthida I bought in febuary never had an issue until 3 weeks ago. They have been closed up for 3 weeks straight. WhT do I do? I have no other animals inverts or fish. I haven’t introduce anything to the tank since febuary. I did a water change 2 days ago and I think I got champ again what should I do?

FF756CDF-D08A-452A-84F0-B460CB1C4A14.jpeg

Reefer Drew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current water parameters. Since you don't have any other fish or animals in the tank i suspect your phosphate and/or nitrates are low. Do you spot feed them?

OP
OP
K

kkwilson698

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your current water parameters. Since you don't have any other fish or animals in the tank i suspect your phosphate and/or nitrates are low. Do you spot feed them?
No I do not should I? They are both low since I have nothing

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip in a mix of iodine and revive to make sure you don't have pests like zoa spiders. I had another thread I made on here a few months ago and I had a INFESTATION that I never saw when I just dipped with only revive. NO JOKE 20+ spiders on one zoa frag with only 10heads on it and you would of never seen them. I had to manually remove with tweezers and dip in iodine and revive once a week for 2 weeks. Not saying that's your problem but just to be safe it may have had bad hitchhiker eggs that you don't see when you initially dip, then later hatch and boom quick infestation....... hope this helps

OP
OP
K

kkwilson698

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip in a mix of iodine and revive to make sure you don't have pests like zoa spiders. I had another thread I made on here a few months ago and I had a INFESTATION that I never saw when I just dipped with only revive. NO JOKE 20+ spiders on one zoa frag with only 10heads on it and you would of never seen them. I had to manually remove with tweezers and dip in iodine and revive once a week for 2 weeks. Not saying that's your problem but just to be safe it may have had bad hitchhiker eggs that you don't see when you initially dip, then later hatch and boom quick infestation....... hope this helps
Thank you :)

Back