Zoanthid strange growths?

Prettymuchnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have had some zoa frags in my tank for a few months now and I'm seeing a lot of new growth: but I'm not sure what these long transparent tentacle things are? Are they sweeper tentacles? They seem to be some type of different coral or something and I'm not sure what's going on. They just popped up a few days ago...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20210627_182045.jpg 20210627_182108.jpg

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That my friend is an aiptasia. You are going to want to get rid of that as quickly as you can. There is AiptasiaX among many ither treatments to get rid of them. Also, lemon juice in a syringe works well

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Research how to eradicate them by taking rocks out of tank to remove/ treat or whatever method you decide and research how to NOT get them to spread in your tank.
Like example try to cut or pull it out in your tank,apparently goes into self preservation mode and spreads/ lets goes parts of it to go spread elsewhere in tank ( sorry cant remember name of when it spreads out babies/ parts of it lol )

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never had/ treated so cant help there.
But i can tell you that ive read others say they had one or 2 aptasia for months and never spread but also read lots say out of control and taking over the tank and finding them in overflow,pipes,,sumps and all over so imo i think yes get that out asap

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back