Zoas biocube & Steve’s leds

Mike H2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve recently upgraded my cube light to Steve’s LEDs. I’m at 37% capacity for ramping them up. Initially I put some zoa frags up top (8” from top of water ) and they have done pretty good but now should I relocate them lower in anticipation of stronger light intensity ? I have one plug that I’m gonna pull out to remove some bubble algae anyways so. Thanks for your help !

4C86374B-8A3F-4E3B-885C-C6CECC7B3245.jpeg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really trial and error based on your specific parameters. It may take weeks to really know.

I would personally slowly ramp up the light over a month until its at a pleasing intensity to your eyes and corals. Then let the corals acclamate to it.

OP
OP
Mike H2020

Mike H2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really trial and error based on your specific parameters. It may take weeks to really know.

I would personally slowly ramp up the light over a month until its at a pleasing intensity to your eyes and corals. Then let the corals acclamate to it.
Im ramping them up 1% per day so it’s gonna take some time for sure

OP
OP
Mike H2020

Mike H2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which controller did u get w lights been looking at upgrading mine
Went with the Hurricane ; apparently more options for control. Once you get the hang of programming it , it’s super easy. No regrets. Lights made an immediate impact on health of corals

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back