Zoas can be killed by green hair?

nfritz565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of getting rid of my green hair algae and some of my zoas are closed up and I think from the algae. Will it kill them? It's too smal for me to just grab with my fingers!
aa9326a55222fbe6dd3f3ee868b1da6e.jpg
c121440c1d35c524538f0bafd71d7033.jpg

Wagonpitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used peroxide dip for plugs. If glued to rock just pour some peroxide on the algae areas let it sit for only a couple seconds then rinse and put back in tank. By next day algae is gone. If you dont control your nutrients and whatever is causing the algae it will just come back. But this works to quickly kill the algae if its bothering zoas. Try not to get it on other corals

OP
OP
N

nfritz565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i used peroxide dip for plugs. If glued to rock just pour some peroxide on the algae areas let it sit for only a couple seconds then rinse and put back in tank. By next day algae is gone. If you dont control your nutrients and whatever is causing the algae it will just come back. But this works to quickly kill the algae if its bothering zoas. Try not to get it on other corals
Thx nutrients are being lowered

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It will irritate them. Remove As much as you can by hand

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the amount you have it will just irritate them. If it gets real bad, it can smother them and kill them. Like others have said, I'd remove as much as possible by hand, and if possible a peroxide dip works great. I've done peroxide dips on zoas for 3 minutes and they open up the next day in the tank. The algae dies off and is easily removed after that.

curtisbenm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used artists brushes (fine bristles) to sweep them off successfully. Swipe them at an angle so as not to poke your zoas.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back