zoas missing help

Core

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every morning I wake up another zoa gone just bought a pack of single polyps on r2r. Only have a pair of standard clowns a flame wrasse and a pretty hefty long spine urchin. Other then the big guy maybe knocking things off any ideas.

Midasreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the size of your tank, do you have lots of live rock, any corals near the zoas, water parameter?

OP
OP
Core

Core

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a rsm 250 just seems like either the urchin is bulldozing them or the wrasse I have likes to eat them

Midasreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a lot of things. I highly doubt it's the flame wrasse and the sea urchin could only do it if it was constantly poking the zoas. It's could be worms in your live rock, nudibranchs, your water parameters, lighting, other corals near the zoas, with the information you've given its hard to tell. I would say its most likely nudibranch or other corals near them. Try waving your hand around them so they close and looking closely for very small brown slugs. If you see them just dip the zoas in a coral/frag dip.

Midasreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a lot of things. I highly doubt it's the flame wrasse and the sea urchin could only do it if it was constantly poking the zoas. It's could be worms in your live rock, nudibranchs, your water parameters, lighting, other corals near the zoas, with the information you've given its hard to tell. I would say its most likely nudibranch or other corals near them. Try waving your hand around them so they close and looking closely for very small brown slugs. If you see them just dip the zoas in a coral/frag dip.
Good luck!!!

OP
OP
Core

Core

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K did see some worm/ tentacles coming out of my rocks last night just so new at this hate to lose nice corals. Thks for input I'll keep a more vigilant eye on things

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back