Zoas Not Fully Opening

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody,
I added these zoas a little under a week ago. On the first day they looked great.
But in the last few days only a few polyps at a time will be open. It’s a frag with about 10 polyps.
All tank parameters are stable and where they should be.
But only a few of them are usually open all the way. And sometimes, all of them will randomly shut.
Then all of them will open except for 2 of them.
What’s going on?
I have a mushroom coral doing well, and dosed reef roids on Tuesday.

image.jpg

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying parameters are *where they should be* isn't helpful, please be specific if you want assistance, also maybe add more info about your tank including inhabitants feeding etc.

OP
OP
BamboozleBean

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saying parameters are *where they should be* isn't helpful, please be specific if you want assistance, also maybe add more info about your tank including inhabitants feeding etc.
I have 3 hermit crabs, they’ve been sustained by the algae in the tank.
On Sunday I spot fed the zoas reef roids, and the mushroom frozen mysis.
I’ve only had the coral since last Thursday.

3D75B83D-DB22-4754-95DF-BB64C8A5838A.jpeg

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i find zoas are pretty picky in my tank especially in the first week or two of adding them
Too much or not enough flow to much or not enough light it’s all about finding that happy place Nutrients can be a issue
Pest can be a issue
Or zoapox. I just read a article the other day on here about someone having luck adding a few drops of lugols iodine solution for thier zoas ile try to find it

OP
OP
BamboozleBean

BamboozleBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i find zoas are pretty picky in my tank especially in the first week or two of adding them
Too much or not enough flow to much or not enough light it’s all about finding that happy place Nutrients can be a issue
Pest can be a issue
Or zoapox. I just read a article the other day on here about someone having luck adding a few drops of lugols iodine solution for thier zoas ile try to find it
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I was looking at some kind of iodine supplement.

Pdash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 hermit crabs, they’ve been sustained by the algae in the tank.
On Sunday I spot fed the zoas reef roids, and the mushroom frozen mysis.
I’ve only had the coral since last Thursday.

3D75B83D-DB22-4754-95DF-BB64C8A5838A.jpeg
Phosphate? If it's too low might be an issue. Anything visibly growing on or between your zoas, like sponge or algae? Temperature is a bit high, and if you haven't double checked your temperature probe could be 2-4 degrees higher than that, although this seems unlikely.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back