Zoas that are pretty in white light and blue?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a bit bummed on some zoas I ordered online. So show me some that are pretty in both daylight and blue light.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rastas
Resized_20171010_170947.jpg

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a bit bummed on some zoas I ordered online. So show me some that are pretty in both daylight and blue light.
Problem is that most sellers will display blue because the majority likes that at home.
Try to find those who display both types of pictures. That's the best way.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cherry corals is pretty photo accurate with what they will look like. I got a mummy eye chalice from them and it looks same lights off and on bright freaking green lol

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when ordering online ALWAYS assume those are under 20k or bluer lights to make them pop. I hate the blue blue look and I run my tanks around 14k.

When in a LFS and they are under blues put your hand over it and see what it looks like under the shadow.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is also because of the camera they use too. That makes a difference.
Best thing is to hear from others what they're experiences were, like the post # 4.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is also because of the camera they use too. That makes a difference.
Best thing is to hear from others what they're experiences were, like the post # 4.
this might sound weird also I think they do better with photos and coral quality then wwc and top shelf. I have received corals from both and time after time cherry corals is alwas more photo accurate and seem to be much healthier corals. they also post what might they use and what they use to feed the corals. they are rely great sorry to hype them but they are my favorite place to get corals from

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this might sound weird also I think they do better with photos and coral quality then wwc and top shelf. I have received corals from both and time after time cherry corals is alwas more photo accurate and seem to be much healthier corals. they also post what might they use and what they use to feed the corals. they are rely great sorry to hype them but they are my favorite place to get corals from
Every time I've talked to Cherry Corals they were so nice and shared some info about their systems.
One of the best companies!
Another company I appreciate is Boom Corals.
I do not order from them, but I have spoke with them more than once and seen the online pictures.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
top shelf aquatics pics matched what i bought online, zoas wise. I have also been to their store a few times. They will show you their coral farm if you ask. Pretty neat.

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that many zoas but out of thee four that I have I find the purple monsters look good under both and I was surprised to see that the utter chaos although definitely cooler under blues still looks pretty nice under whites, Might just be me though, those are two of my favourite zoas ;Hilarious
IMG_9979.jpg
IMG_9981.jpg
IMG_9980.jpg
IMG_9982.jpg

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've bought online from budmans corals and they were super accurate to the photos. They also had photos under blues and whites. In fact, one or two of the corals I got looked even better in real life than in the photos.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I thought I was getting, vs. white lights, and blues only. I don’t get why the tentacles aren’t at all fluorescent under the blues.
8CA7BCFE-3F64-4CC8-BD48-730D32AE9420.jpeg

HotManwich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I thought I was getting, vs. white lights, and blues only. I don’t get why the tentacles aren’t at all fluorescent under the blues.
8CA7BCFE-3F64-4CC8-BD48-730D32AE9420.jpeg
Do you have an orange filter? That might be why the photo looks so different, but I agree that really doesnt look anything like the photo.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an orange filter? That might be why the photo looks so different, but I agree that really doesnt look anything like the photo.
I do have one now, but I didn't have it when I took these photos. I'm chalking it up to live and learn (the other corals I received were as expected or better) but still scratching my head as to why there's no fluorescence.

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seductions, CB White Zombies, Utter Chaos, Rainbow Incinerator, Psychosis and Sonic Flares are a few of mine that seem to stay nice under both whites and blues. I think zoas that have more pale or black in em seem to hold their color pretty darn well under whites.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back