Zoas

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why I can't get zoas to grow when my lps corals are growing and my mushrooms are growing and zoas are supposed to be easy to grow and my parameters are all good or all my other corals wouldn't grow and I'm using bacto reef balls by fauna Marin and I do weekly and sometimes I'll skip the weekly and do it but weekly but never longer than every two weeks so can anyone help me figure this out because I really like some zoas

Lawlboom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that I'm not of much help but I feel you man I'm in the same spot. My montipora is encrusting on two different rocks now. My frogspawn is full of life. My new acropora is showing off great polyp extension. and...

my zoas are half closed looking really, really, really sad.

There's much debate about this though but some say that zoas and mushrooms don't do well in ultra low nutrient systems aka below 1ppm nitrate.

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets start with tank size and parameters and light schedule. Second are they open and just not reproducing or closed up? Lastly, are you feeding them?

OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There closed and I have a kessel a360we light and its a 25 gallon reef tank only and I have a colony of mushrooms and all of my lps corals are growing I have a torch coral and a rainbow acan and a couple of other acans and a brain coral and a couple of easy sps frags which I forget the names and there all growing that's why I don't understand why the zoas aren't and if nutrients being low is a problem then how comes the mushrooms are growing and people put zoas in with sps corals and there nutrients are low and I read online somewhere that they should still grow and there not even opening and I've got anemones in the tank to and there growing so I really don't know what's going on with them at all and I bought another frag awhile ago and it did the same as this one is and it ended up dieing so I really don't know what's going on with it

OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed everything three times a week at every other day

OP
OP
R

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll test everything tomorrow because I gotta work tonight and again in the morning so tomorrow I'll test but I know my ph is 8.1 because I checked that yesterday with a red sea test kit because that only takes a second to test but I'll test nitrates and phosphate and alkalinity tomorrow and the 2 test I have the Hannah checkers and the nitrates I test with a red sea test kit

Back