Zombie's Mixed Reef with BMA LEDs.

Zombie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zombie's 120g Mixed Reef with BMA LEDs.

I just fraged a lot of my acroporas so the tank is recovering in these pictures. I am going to add pictures to document the growth.

Thanks for looking.

Aquarium Equipment:
Tunze DOC 9010 Protein Skimmer, Home Built Refugium, 1200 gph Return pump and 3 Hydor Koralia Powerheads, JBJ Arctica chiller, 6 Blue Moon Aquatics P30 LEDs with blue Saturn rings and 2 Blue Moon Aquatics P3s as Moon Lights.

I add Aquavitro magnesium & calcium.
I use is Brightwell salt.

Blue Moon Aquatics LEDs.
I think that these LEDs look a lot like my halides.
zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21794-ledtank.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21793-fts.jpg

The Sump is a converted 30 gallon tank, I use Miracle Mud and a Skimmer.
zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21795-sump.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21796-tank-1.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21800-tank5.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21799-tank4.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21798-tank3.jpg

zombie-albums-120-reef-picture21797-tank2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zombie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that I am happy I went with these LEDs. I was going to do one of the more popular brands that take a totally different approach and was worried at first until I turned them on for the first time. I had a sigh of relief when I found the same look and intensity but better color then my halides. If I didn't tell you, you would swear that I am running two 250 or 400 watt halides. I can't wait to see these over a larger tank. If my deal goes through with a house I'm trying to buy, they will be put on a 250 gallon tank. I am going to do a build thread on that tank if I get it.

Thanks
-Zombie

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good so far..
first tank I seen with these leds

OP
OP
Z

Zombie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Well today I found out I got the house, I just have to find time to move and to get the new tank set up. I am going with a 250 gallon aquarium in the living room with a sump and a frag system in the basement. I will hopefully have the complete system up and running and then just slowly move the rock, fish and corals over. Then I will sell this old system so I don't have to move it. It is too deep for a frag tank anyway.

OP
OP
Z

Zombie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help with pump/s selection because I never had to pump water so high before...

I am piecing together what I will need for the 250 gallon system. I found two 75 gallon sumps that are drilled and a 40 gallon breeder, all were freebies. I will have to drill the 40 for a refugium. All this is going in the basement. The house has a solid work bench that is perfect for the refugium and two more 40 breeders for grow out systems in the future. It has space below for one or both of the 75 gallon tanks I will be using for the sump/s. In it I am planing on running a large filter bag, an ASM G2 skimmer. Two Supreme model 18 pumps will feed the reef.

The display upstairs will have two closed loops with two Gen-X/ Mak-4 PCX40 1190 gph pumps I have the pumps just sitting in a closet. I am running the same lights I have now.

I am still debating if I would be better off with 3 or 4 Hydor Koralia 4 powerheads instead of closed loops because I don't want to drill the display tank.

I may use the Gen X pumps for the frag tanks and water change pump.

Is there a better single pump for the display with low energy consumption that can fit my needs?
The sump has a hole for a large bulkhead.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z

Zombie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sumps for the new system and future fish room.
I started working on these. I have the refugium almost done just need to decide on the skimmer size.
zombie-albums-my-120g-reef-picture22736-sumps.jpg

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back