Zoo Med 50 Gallon Low Boy Frag Tank

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone shipping these tanks? No one around here has the low boy :9( Those racks are nice BoomCorals!

OP
OP
sbash

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone shipping these tanks? No one around here has the low boy :9( Those racks are nice BoomCorals!

I can't find these online in Canada... If you check out their website, they have a list of suppliers, perhaps there is one there that will ship in the US...

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny that this thread popped up today. I purchased one of these tanks at the end of November and had it running until yesterday. I noticed a month or so ago some salt creep along the bottom trim and I just figured I was messy one day one got some water outside the tank and moved on. Yesterday I noticed a nice steady drip coming from the tank. The bottom seal was leaking so I transferred everything to my other frag system and drained it. It looks like the silicone is done poorly along one seam.

I called ZooMed to see what the warranty was on the tank since its only a couple months old and they offer no warranty on there tanks. They actually suggested that I silicone the area better, no mention of scraping the old off or anything like that but I know better than to do that. Guess I will be resealing the tank entirely to fix it but for the cost and perfect footprint I cant complain much. Crap happens.

BTW, I am by no means saying these tanks are junk. I know a lot of places that use them and have never had an issue. I am just lucky :rolleyes:

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My low boy is still holding up just fine. The only issue I had was that it was not silicones all the way up in the upper corners. My water level is high and it was leaking out the corners. I drained it slightly and siliconed it and the issue went away.

ithk21620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My low boy is still holding up just fine. The only issue I had was that it was not silicones all the way up in the upper corners. My water level is high and it was leaking out the corners. I drained it slightly and siliconed it and the issue went away.

Good to hear. I think my issue is kind of a fluke really. Here is a picture of the bad seam. Looks like they didn’t put hardly any silicone down and it was also never finished, just left a bead. Should make it easily to remove the old silicone to reseal it lol

f059f24311785eaf85a800613380f06b.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back