Zoo Med 50 Gallon Low Boy Frag Tank

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a place local that I could source one of these from; moving soon and DEFINITELY setting up a dedicated fish room in the basement this time.

OP
OP
sbash

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a place local that I could source one of these from; moving soon and DEFINITELY setting up a dedicated fish room in the basement this time.

I'm in a city with a million people and it is hard to me to get them without a special order... That said, a fish store about 40 miles away had one and I have outgrown my first. Here are a couple pics from January and February:

007.jpg

008.jpg

This was going very well... Then I fragged my zoas... I pulled it all apart and put a piece of eggcrate in about 2/3 of the tank, leaving 1/3 for growing out corals...

It was too full, hard to even look at when is in there; so I bit the bullet and bought a second one. And, it is leaking, lol... Hopefully one glob of caulking will fix it. The leak seems to be in the top corner, so when the water is above the trim it leaks. More to follow!

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a few people have stated the top edge at the rim is where the leaks occur and the silicon job isn't perfect at the top seam. IF I can find one... local reptile shop is a zoo med distributor so I am going to ask them, I will definitely check the edges for complete

OP
OP
sbash

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems a few people have stated the top edge at the rim is where the leaks occur and the silicon job isn't perfect at the top seam. IF I can find one... local reptile shop is a zoo med distributor so I am going to ask them, I will definitely check the edges for complete

I was going to order one from a local reptile shop, but can only get the terrarium version, which shouldn't be a problem, I hear the top trim is different; otherwise they are the same.

Which, could explain why they leak around the top, as they are designed to be terrariums and not be completely full of water. Or Juan is just not as good at his job as Delgado...

In Milwaukee I can get a low boy for 105 bucks out the door. I have 4!

Yeah, crazy cheap. $170 CAD for me, which is slightly more expensive than the glass alone for me.

Z3speed4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice lookin nems too!
Local place hasn't gotten back to me yet... I may just drive over and talk to the owner instead of resorting to email.

Hopefully Delgado makes my tank ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back