Zoo Med 50 gallon lowboy frag tanks or terrarium?

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a vendor in NJ that stocks these tanks or a vendor that's willing to ship? The only place I've found is Pets Warehouse and they're charging $170 to ship a $110 tank to my nearest shipping terminal. Thanks

OP
OP
tiggs

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much digging around, I finally found a place in NJ that can get these. They don't keep them in stock, but can order them from Zoo Med. The 50G lowboy frag tank is $100 (although currently out of stock with Zoo Med) and the 50G lowboy terrarium (same exact tank, but comes with a screen lid) is $130. I figured I'd pass this information along, since I'm sure others have been looking for this tank too.

Aquarium Center
Clemonton, NJ

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going to do for a stand? I saw a similar tank at a LFS and it was $125 but the stand they had to go with it was over $500.

OP
OP
tiggs

tiggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you going to do for a stand? I saw a similar tank at a LFS and it was $125 but the stand they had to go with it was over $500.

I'm either going to build one or most likely, pick up a used 120G stand on Craiglist (same dimensions, minus height).

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. A wooden generic stand should be a lot cheaper. They were selling these with a nice metal stand, though it was $600 nice.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky $125, My LFS has the zoomed 50g for $200. markup much.

I was at the LFS today that had them and took a pic. They had one that was drilled for $250. I had been thinking of getting a Innovative Marine 25gal lagoon tank this year for a frag tank but I may go with this instead. I love how shallow it is. I would probably go drilled since I'm not sure how well a HOB skimmer would work since it is so shallow.

low boy.JPG

NinnJinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked one up at the LFS for $91. Not sure I even have space for it!

:D I have been known to do that before. Buy a tank that I am needing or wanting at a good price and then on the way home thinking where in the world am I going to put this thing...:D

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D I have been known to do that before. Buy a tank that I am needing or wanting at a good price and then on the way home thinking where in the world am I going to put this thing...:D

I see that as the proper way, lol. I squirrel them away and then pull them out when I figure out where to set one up. That way when the wife asks I can say I’ve had this tank for awhile.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see that as the proper way, lol. I squirrel them away and then pull them out when I figure out where to set one up. That way when the wife asks I can say I’ve had this tank for awhile.
Works for me as well. LOL

Back