Ai hydra 64 mounting height

ninjafish710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time poster long time reader. I’ve ordered a semi custom tank from planet aquarium. I went with 48x24x30. I wanted longer but the wife is kind enuff to support my hobby but not a bigger foot print in the living room . I already have 2 ai hydra 64’s from my previous tank which was the traditional 24” deep. I’m wondering if the recommended 12 inches off the water is still a good idea. I’m starting from scratch there’s no coral going right in. Plan on being a mix of lps and sps. Any input would be appreciated.

mattrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Welcome to R2R

I have 2 hydra 32s mounted 10 inches above the water level but your best bet would be to get a PAR meter to test it out.

Although I'm sure there are many people on here with a lot of experience, I've only just set up my first actual reef.

I'd also check out the ai prime / hydra group on other social media beginning with f.

OP
OP
ninjafish710

ninjafish710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Welcome to R2R

I have 2 hydra 32s mounted 10 inches above the water level but your best bet would be to get a PAR meter to test it out.

Although I'm sure there are many people on here with a lot of experience, I've only just set up my first actual reef.

I'd also check out the ai prime / hydra group on other social media beginning with f.
I’ve been reading lots, and I’ll eventually get a par meter. But there isn’t much talk about a 30” deep tank.

Back