AI Nero OEM?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again...what I shared was not for shock/entertainment.
Your attempt to narrow the focus on my assessment isn't going to distract me.

Are you unwilling to elaborate? It's fine if you don't, but it reinforces my idea that it's all for shock, shade and entertainment.

No doubt, it's clever to present half truths out of context and when questioned, hide behind, I won't reveal how I came upon said information but I trust the source therefore you should simply take my word for it. Where's the harm in validating your statement? What's wrong with providing supportive details to qualify your statements? It begs the question, What was the intended purpose?

When you hide behind mysterious sources it does a couple things for you. It makes it seem as though you're a man with knowledge that the average hobbyists is unaware of and it makes it impossible for anyone to challenge your credibility. In fact when someone tries to ascertain clarification you deflect and dismiss. It forces the likes of me to conclude that perhaps you're utilizing selective facts for shock, shade and entertainment

If you're willing, can you clarify what you meant by waveline being OEM for AI Neros? Is it that they manufacture the stator for AI? If not, please correct me. What was your intended purpose for making that statement? What did you expect to achieve?

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have I started
1717085629731.png

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if there is a fight to be had,
This is the 2nd time you used the word "fight" when referring to my posts.

Having a different perspective and asking for clarification is completely different than fighting. What kind of hobby would this be if we didn't ask questions in an effort to try and understand?

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you unwilling to elaborate?
No. I'm unwilling to entertain your provocation. This isn't hiding. This is ignoring.

And seriously...don't take my word for it. It's cool. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. My sources mean more to me than your belief in what I've shared.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I'm unwilling to entertain your provocation. This isn't hiding. This is ignoring.

And seriously...don't take my word for it. It's cool. It doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. My sources mean more to me than your belief in what I've shared.
Very good. I wasn't asking about your source, I simply used that as an example to explain my point that when someone needs clarification the response is to deflect and dismiss.

People are welcomed to take your word at face value, but keep in mind, there are some that prefer evidence that corroborate your claim.

I'm just trying to get to the truth. But if you don't want to elaborate then we have to chalk it up as shock and entertainment.

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very much enjoyed your offering of myopic irony. If/then. Roger.

Look for more WaveLine in the future.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
People assuming that AI designs and builds their own stuff makes me chuckle. The lights? Yeah. But everything else they offer is just someone else's product rebadged.

I saw a post just a few days ago where someone said that the new bottom intake Jebao pumps "copy the design of the AI Axis pumps". The irony there being that a couple Chinese companies were making bottom intake pumps long before the Axis. Just Google "ZKSJ BS series" to see what I mean.

Same thing with the Orbit. Why would the Nero be any different?

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People assuming that AI designs and builds their own stuff makes me chuckle. The lights? Yeah. But everything else they offer is just someone else's product rebadged.

I saw a post just a few days ago where someone said that the new bottom intake Jebao pumps "copy the design of the AI Axis pumps". The irony there being that a couple Chinese companies were making bottom intake pumps long before the Axis. Just Google "ZKSJ BS series" to see what I mean.

My dang dirty AI copycat pump has worked well. :cool:

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very much enjoyed your offering of myopic irony. If/then. Roger.

Look for more WaveLine in the future.
Unless it's just a fancy phrase you wanted to use, I don't understand how any of what I said is ironic or myopic or a combination of.

I was simply trying to get you to clarify your statements and qualify them with facts. You dug in and instead of engaging in a conversation, you attempted to deflect, much like your current response of offering insight to my psyche.

When you refused to offer a simple convincing answer I provided an alternative theory as to why you refuse to respond (shock and entertainment).

Unless youre willing to elaborate I'm no longer interested in having this conversation.

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't mind rebranded OEM products as long as they are good, but my AI Nero 3s failed after just one year of use.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't mind rebranded OEM products as long as they are good, but my AI Nero 3s failed after just one year of use.
Agreed, I think the focus is on hardware when what differentiates (in this case) the AI Nero is the way the stator is driven and the supporting software within.

I don't think there's a debate that the stator and rotor are manufactured oversees. In the case of the Nero, I'm yet to be convinced that this is a rebrand unit like orbit and axis.

The crutch of my inquiry is just that.

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I think the focus is on hardware when what differentiates (in this case) the AI Nero is the way the stator is driven and the supporting software within.

I don't think there's a debate that the stator and rotor are manufactured oversees. In the case of the Nero, I'm yet to be convinced that this is a rebrand unit like orbit and axis.

The crutch of my inquiry is just that.
It's probably a modified version of the WavePuck. I'm guessing since WaveLine couldn't sell their powerhead, they made a deal with AI to rebrand their pump as AI's.

Tony Thompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dang dirty AI copycat pump has worked well. :cool:

Hi @telegraham , I am a little confused by the conversation so far.

Are we talking OEM or ODM here, are the two products mentioned slightly different designs but by the same manufacturer. Manufactured to a clients design spec. I may be looking at an older model but they look different.

Or are they the same design by the same manufacturer just branded for the client. I would associate OEM products to be supplied from the actual manufacturer with no branding or promotional packaging, thats just my personal interpretation so I may be mistaken.

Would appreciate if you could clarify.

Thanks Tony.

Back