OP
OP
IntrinsicReef

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I'm an aquarist, people truly question the blue lights emitted from my windows. Especially when I say I'm a reefer...
There are a few houses in our neighborhood with blue lights coming out of a room of their house. I've been half tempted to stop and ask if they have a reef tank.

OP
OP
IntrinsicReef

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I’m an an aquarist I have a small refrigerator and freezer that have no human food…
Ooh, good one. That reminds me. Because I’m an aquarist I have a cheap bottle of vodka no one's allowed to touch.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I’m an aquarist I have
IMG_5435.jpeg
IMG_1853.jpeg
IMG_1485.jpeg
IMG_1494.jpeg
built in cat entertainment

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our cats are half Himalayan, half snowshoe siamese. Their hunting instinct was bred out of them long ago. All they care about is where they are going to take their next nap.
20240511_222506.jpg
I find your cats easily relatable.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And this is what my wife is saying will happen! We've got four feline entities! One of which is so curious she may go swimming!
One of my cats will just get on the tv stand next to our tank and just be mesmerized by the fish swimming around in the tank. My other cat has never once cared about the tank.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking of some ways this hobby has molded me and some of my thinking. I'll start.

"Because I'm an aquarist, I have very little faith in suction cups."
Because I’m an aquarist, I know it’s a matter of when something will go wrong, rather than if. I get nervous when all the tanks are looking good.

Because I’m an aquarist, I own stock in the electric company, literally. Well, I also work there. :grinning-squinting-face:

OP
OP
IntrinsicReef

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I am aquarist, my friends have added one more thing to the list of topics not to ask me about at parties :rolleyes:
Try keeping aquariums for a job and a hobby. I try to keep my mouth closed at parties to avoid an eye roll from my wife and silence from the room. Apparently my fun facts are in fact not fun for most people. Like...
The Bay of Pigs, Cuba is likely named for the queen triggerfish found there, locally called cochinos ('pigs')

OP
OP
IntrinsicReef

IntrinsicReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I'm an aquarianist... I look ate what I eat and vitamins more..Water quality to food I eat and health.
Great point! I have an R.O. system I installed for our drinking water and have definitely learned about nutrition and chemical elements from reef keeping.

Back