Help with RO/DI booster pump question

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RO/DI system consisting of 3 prefilters Sediment / Charcoal / Charcoal / RO Membrane / Mixed Bed DI / Mixed Bed DI
I typically had 35 to 40 PSI water pressure on the street feed line.
I am doing some upgrades to my whole system like running a new booster pump to increase efficiency, adding Cation resin / anion resin followed by A final mixed DI resin filter.
I have installed the booster pump inline after the feed line and before the prefilters ( I may relocate to just before the RO membrane) but here is my problem:
With the pump running I am only getting 43 to 45 PSI of pressure just before the RO membrane. as soon as I turn the pump on I start getting water running out the drain line. if i plug the drain line with my finger the pressure goes to 80 PSI.
I have replaced the white auto shutoff valve with a new one but that didn't help my issue.
Clearly I am making some sort of error in my installation. can anybody help a fella out???
420398218_913934437047652_3630588104518965604_n.jpg

phan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to place the booster pump just before the RO membrane. You can check this installation procedure Hope this will help you.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RO/DI system consisting of 3 prefilters Sediment / Charcoal / Charcoal / RO Membrane / Mixed Bed DI / Mixed Bed DI
I typically had 35 to 40 PSI water pressure on the street feed line.
I am doing some upgrades to my whole system like running a new booster pump to increase efficiency, adding Cation resin / anion resin followed by A final mixed DI resin filter.
I have installed the booster pump inline after the feed line and before the prefilters ( I may relocate to just before the RO membrane) but here is my problem:
With the pump running I am only getting 43 to 45 PSI of pressure just before the RO membrane. as soon as I turn the pump on I start getting water running out the drain line. if i plug the drain line with my finger the pressure goes to 80 PSI.
I have replaced the white auto shutoff valve with a new one but that didn't help my issue.
Clearly I am making some sort of error in my installation. can anybody help a fella out???
420398218_913934437047652_3630588104518965604_n.jpg
Did you get your situation figured out?
Was your flush valve open? Flow restrictor missing?

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to place the booster pump just before the RO membrane. You can check this installation procedure Hope this will help you.

Avoid systems configured with horizonal DI stages!

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clear horizontal housings are really intended for GAC media, but you can find them widely used on mis-configured systems as horizontal DI cartridges. Always orient these small DI's vertically, with bottom up flow to assure maximum contact with the resin and to avoid channeling.

Back