homemade automatic KH Tester With Opensource.

Krheigh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and there is another problem,The needle will be corroded by hydrochloric acid if it is used for a long time.about six months.and needles are made of metal. If you let the waste water go into the tank, it will be dangerous to coral
maybe the needle that comes with red sea pro test kits will work?... it's plastic

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and there is another problem,The needle will be corroded by hydrochloric acid if it is used for a long time.about six months.and needles are made of metal. If you let the waste water go into the tank, it will be dangerous to coral
It looks like it uses a luer fitting. You can buy plastic tips that have a luer fitting that are typically used for dispensing glue. That should fix the corrosion issues and serve the same purpose. Amazon sells them, as does Ebay, so I am sure they are plentiful in China.

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe the needle that comes with red sea pro test kits will work?... it's plastic
you can try this,but you may need to enlarge the hole.because if the hole is too small.the hcl will shoot out not dripping out.
after that you need you need to recalibrate Flow per 100 drops of hydrochloric acid,its in settings.

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it uses a luer fitting. You can buy plastic tips that have a luer fitting that are typically used for dispensing glue. That should fix the corrosion issues and serve the same purpose. Amazon sells them, as does Ebay, so I am sure they are plentiful in China.
the luer fitting should be work.need a connector small enough one.because the amount of each drop of hydrochloric acid will affect the accuracy of the test.Smaller droplets are more accurate.but but if it’s too small the hcl will shoot out not dripping out.

Myoweb900

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also testing the plastic test needles, the hole of the 18 gauge needles is 0.83mm, the plastic needle also works without modifications, the ratio must be calibrated again for 100 drops

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on making one for myself following this awesome tutorial. I have found a place to buy the necessary components. I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with:
1. File KH-tester.rar only 1.5GB, after extracting to file 123 more than 30GB without file extension, I added .IMG and then used Win32DiskImager to flash it to the memory card but the card was still empty.
2. I want to change the display language from Chinese to English, what should I do? I don't know anything about coding. I just want to open the existing files on the memory card after flashing, change the Chinese places to English and save it.
Thanks a lot.

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on making one for myself following this awesome tutorial. I have found a place to buy the necessary components. I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with:
1. File KH-tester.rar only 1.5GB, after extracting to file 123 more than 30GB without file extension, I added .IMG and then used Win32DiskImager to flash it to the memory card but the card was still empty.
2. I want to change the display language from Chinese to English, what should I do? I don't know anything about coding. I just want to open the existing files on the memory card after flashing, change the Chinese places to English and save it.
Thanks a lot.
hi the file is over 30g is right,because i use a 32gb tf card.this file is a img of my card.you need a tf card more that the file.and add .img is right.
second I have added English after Chinese,if you want delete chinese only display ,it will be more trouble

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi the file is over 30g is right,because i use a 32gb tf card.this file is a img of my card.you need a tf card more that the file.and add .img is right.
second I have added English after Chinese,if you want delete chinese only display ,it will be more trouble
Thank you for your support!

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 questions during the setup process that need your help:
1. After using Win32DiskImager to extract file 123.img to the TF card, I have 1 boot drive. I just have to copy file wpa_supplicant.conf (edited my wifi name and password) to this boot drive or I have to copy something else (in your pdf shows have to copy entire folder). Because when I copy only this file wpa_supplicant.conf. Raspberry pi boots but I can't access 192.168.1.90:5000. Checking the router IP, the pi is not connected.
2. The titration pump is only used to add KH when I need, the test only uses 2 pumps 1 and 2 to water in and out, and pump 4 for acid.
Thank you so much.

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 questions during the setup process that need your help:
1. After using Win32DiskImager to extract file 123.img to the TF card, I have 1 boot drive. I just have to copy file wpa_supplicant.conf (edited my wifi name and password) to this boot drive or I have to copy something else (in your pdf shows have to copy entire folder). Because when I copy only this file wpa_supplicant.conf. Raspberry pi boots but I can't access 192.168.1.90:5000. Checking the router IP, the pi is not connected.
2. The titration pump is only used to add KH when I need, the test only uses 2 pumps 1 and 2 to water in and out, and pump 4 for acid.
Thank you so much.
1. you only copy file wpa_supplicant.conf to boot. And is your network segment 192.168.1.X?check it with "ipconfig" in windows.if not you need change the pi ip,gateway,dns.
2.the code of titration pump is wrong.so you can't use it.the test only uses 3 pumps,1,2and 4.

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still missing 2 parts to complete the assembly (will be available in 2 weeks). I still have 2 questions:
1. Must be fully assembled for the setup interface to run, right? Because when only inserting TF card, Pi successfully connected the router (checked IP received correct 192.168.1.90) but could not access 192.168.1.90:5000 from web browser.
2. According to the instructions, pay attention to the positive and negative poles of the pump, but when I tried to supply power according to the polarity on all 4 pumps (DC power positive pole connected to the symbol + on the pump), all 4 pumps rotate in reverse. clockwise, ie opposite to the direction of the water in and out according to your picture, if so, I will have to reverse the DC power polarity to get the right water in from left to right as shown in the picture, right?. And according to the picture, the positive pole is the red wire, the negative pole is the black wire, right, I see from the top down it is red black black red, red black red black.
Thank you!

IMG_8531.png

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still missing 2 parts to complete the assembly (will be available in 2 weeks). I still have 2 questions:
1. Must be fully assembled for the setup interface to run, right? Because when only inserting TF card, Pi successfully connected the router (checked IP received correct 192.168.1.90) but could not access 192.168.1.90:5000 from web browser.
2. According to the instructions, pay attention to the positive and negative poles of the pump, but when I tried to supply power according to the polarity on all 4 pumps (DC power positive pole connected to the symbol + on the pump), all 4 pumps rotate in reverse. clockwise, ie opposite to the direction of the water in and out according to your picture, if so, I will have to reverse the DC power polarity to get the right water in from left to right as shown in the picture, right?. And according to the picture, the positive pole is the red wire, the negative pole is the black wire, right, I see from the top down it is red black black red, red black red black.
Thank you!

IMG_8531.png
yes the software will not run without ads1115 and ph board.
and red is + black is-,the color red black black red, red black red black is right.The direction of the flow doesn't matter,Ensure that when the water pipe is connected, the pump 1 is the water inlet and the pump 2 is the water outlet.but dont change the color of line.

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes the software will not run without ads1115 and ph board.
and red is + black is-,the color red black black red, red black red black is right.The direction of the flow doesn't matter,Ensure that when the water pipe is connected, the pump 1 is the water inlet and the pump 2 is the water outlet.but dont change the color of line.
Many thanks for the quick reply!

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I received all the components and did a complete assembly, just don't attach the probe pH to the pH board. The router address is 192.168.1.1, when ping connection found that Pi 4 has properly connected to IP 192.168.1.90 but I still can't access 192.168.1.90:5000. I have carefully checked the connection cables according to the instructions, tried opening port 5000 on the router to no avail. What do I have to do now? Thanks for everything.

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I received all the components and did a complete assembly, just don't attach the probe pH to the pH board. The router address is 192.168.1.1, when ping connection found that Pi 4 has properly connected to IP 192.168.1.90 but I still can't access 192.168.1.90:5000. I have carefully checked the connection cables according to the instructions, tried opening port 5000 on the router to no avail. What do I have to do now? Thanks for everything.
ssh the pi and try this “sysystemctl status aaa.service” if there are any errors,you can see it

tungvuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the reason why the program is not running. The TF card (Toshiba 32GB) has a slightly smaller capacity than the IMG file, so even if it is successful to write, there is still nothing, the card still shows empty, I use the 64GB card to write successfully, show the boot disk, copy the wifi file ok but attaching to the program does not run even though it can still connect to the network. I tried again with another TF card (Samsung 32GB), then flashed it and put it in the program to run immediately, even I tried it on the old Pi 3 Model B still good. The problem now is that the reagent pump (ie the acid pump on the picture) is not running, I measured a voltage of only about 3.7V when turned on; all other 3 pumps (water in, water out and tiltration) run fine with 12V power on. Do you think where the error is coming from. I am planning to use a 3.7V to 12V converter circuit for the acid pump to operate. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• IMG_8747.jpeg
    IMG_8747.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the reason why the program is not running. The TF card (Toshiba 32GB) has a slightly smaller capacity than the IMG file, so even if it is successful to write, there is still nothing, the card still shows empty, I use the 64GB card to write successfully, show the boot disk, copy the wifi file ok but attaching to the program does not run even though it can still connect to the network. I tried again with another TF card (Samsung 32GB), then flashed it and put it in the program to run immediately, even I tried it on the old Pi 3 Model B still good. The problem now is that the reagent pump (ie the acid pump on the picture) is not running, I measured a voltage of only about 3.7V when turned on; all other 3 pumps (water in, water out and tiltration) run fine with 12V power on. Do you think where the error is coming from. I am planning to use a 3.7V to 12V converter circuit for the acid pump to operate. Thank you so much.
i know a guy,his acid pump not working properly when the mix motor is working.
are your use qiguo pi motors board or adafruit board?

OP
OP
A

axlzys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same with me.it's weird.maybe you can try this disconnect the mix motor,and open the acid pump?
The guy I know added a drop voltage board to the mixer pump later.
and how many watts is your DC power supply?

Back