How did you survive your first year of reefing?

kingranch2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it took a year before I could afford everything for my DT which got delayed due to COVID. Lost my job with two QTs chock full of fish and coral.

The DT is up and running...

I have endured crabs eating coral - no crabs ever again, a carpet anenomie that went like a bowling ball through my tank stinging everything in its path... And then died! A YT that starved itself to death. Ich, and treating it over and over and over until its gone. A battle to the death between two "peaceful" and school friendly Royal Grammas, an unrchin that mowed my zoas like a lawn, lost a $1000 in coral... Thanks to cyano that wouldn't quit.

I got ripped off $370 on two broken Vortec MP10s... That didnt even work on half inch glass. Total loss. The guy at this LFS was totally shady... And lost a good customer.

Now, I do have a pristine DT, with 2 Kessil a360xs, a Reef Octopus 200sss skimmer, a AI Prime fuge light, 2 Dosing pumps, pH meter, Dual carbin and GFO reactors, and a cabinet full of Hannah Checkers -- but it maxed out two credit cards.

So, its been a year... But - I'm still just getting started.

Had a corals come in from WWC today and dipped them... Found an asterina and a black bug in the dip container... The struggle is real.
Jesus, at what point is it just no longer worth it?

Back