Kessil wifi dongle connection issues

Ed Hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all and TIA for any useful advice, tips, suggestions, etc. I posted this in the controllers section but it hasn't had any replies so thought I would try this subsection.

I have a set of a360x with the dongle. We recently added a weefee booster. I cannot for the life of me get the dongle on that router. I have it on our original router I can access it just fine just switching my phone from the amplified router to the original. But I'd like to be able to communicate with it without having to do that.

If I try the "quick reload" it doesn't see it because it's never been on that router.

If I try "add a dongle" if I go through the steps the dongle goes right past the orange light to green because it's already on our original router.

Can't disconnect the router because then the other router won't work.

TIA

OP
OP
E

Ed Hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you will need to reset the dongle and then reprogram it on the new network.
I agree but how? Like I said if I pull the dongle and plug it back in, during the boot up, instead of turning orange it goes right from purple to green because it's on the original router. I can't disable the original router because that will disable the booster that I'm trying to connect it to.

Seems to me like I need to get my phone (Android Samsung S10) to search for the device but I have to figure out how to do that. I've went into the settings/wifi but can't find where I'd search for it or where it shows up, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Ed Hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you will need to hold the button to do a hard reset and then reset the app.
I tried this a couple different ways. First I just pushed the button and it restarted, turned purple, then red for several seconds, then green.

Second time I held the button down for a few seconds but the reaction from the dongle was the same. Purple, red then green.

I think next step is contact Kessil support.

OP
OP
E

Ed Hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would probably be the issue. I always have to disconnect my phone from 5ghz and connect to 2.4.
That makes sense. I know other devices can have issues with the 5ghz routers. Totally did not think about that until you posted but I'd bet that's what the problem is.

Back